So Made Me Give Up My Oil....

YesToHair!

4C/hi-po/Fine strands/med-low density.
Long ago I used to pre-poo/DC using yogurt, honey, olive oil, and ghee (plus random conditioners). I was working out with SO and he was like--what's the smell coming from your hair? It's horrible. And this was after the pre-poo, shampoo, and conditioner. Still stinky. I'm pretty sure it was the ghee.
Hahaha...and the sweat must have made it worse! :lachen:

Prudent1

None although he did think something was burning outside the first time I used an oil blend with neem oil and JBCO on my hair :supergrin:. I explained what it was:blush2:. After he got over the shock he was ok. The compromise we have is I don't snuggle with him immediately after sealing, and he wears an old t-shirt that won't be ruined from my head being on his shoulders when we do...:2inlove:

FelaShrine

So the SO was visiting for the weekend and in the morning randomnly says : "ahaaa!...i've finally figured out what that terrible smell is. It's your hair!...it smells like fat from beef that has gone off":giggle:

Needless to say i aint never touching that Doo Gro Megathick growth oil again. And to think i was really starting to see my hair filling up with it!

so ladies, i want to know : what product/ hair accesory have you had to give up purely because SO or DH or any family member hated it?, even though it worked wonders for you or you loved it dearly??

why not add drops of an essential oil? peppermint is a good one. or lemon or orange oil

YesToHair!

4C/hi-po/Fine strands/med-low density.
Ooh he is sweet to go to those lengths!

QUOTE="Prudent1, post: 22109165, member: 138205"]None although he did think something was burning outside the first time I used an oil blend with neem oil and JBCO on my hair :supergrin:. I explained what it was:blush2:. After he got over the shock he was ok. The compromise we have is I don't snuggle with him immediately after sealing, and he wears an old t-shirt that won't be ruined from my head being on his shoulders when we do...:2inlove:[/QUOTE]
M

lux10023

Oddly enough I use Pantene in my hair, it works for me and the smell is divine to dh

My husband likes to be all up on my neck hair bosom etc chile so i go heavy on the oil grape seed or almond during the day fresh out the shower
By night time my hair is good

Men lol

cynd

DH is overly sensitive to most smells and can barely tolerate perfume so he isn't too pleased with any of the concoctions I put on my head. He didn't ask me not to use it, however he opened every window in the house and walked around making gagging sounds when I blended fresh onions, garlic and olive oil for a hair mask. I only use it now when he's out of town and he still starts gagging the minute he walks in the house.

Last edited:

irisak

DH is overly sensitive to most smells and can barely tolerate perfume so he isn't too pleased with any of the concoctions I put on my head. He didn't ask me not to use it, however he opened every window in the house and walked around making gagging sounds when I blended fresh onions, garlic and olive oil for a hair mask. I only use it now when he's out of town and he still starts gagging the minute he walks in the house.
How do you get the smell out of your hair? That does sound like a pungent aroma although I'm sure the sulfur and garlic are great for the hair.

cynd

How do you get the smell out of your hair? That does sound like a pungent aroma although I'm sure the sulfur and garlic are great for the hair.

To be honest, I couldn't really smell it at first and I thought he was exaggerating UNTIL I washed a scarf that I had used with a load of clothes and literally every piece of clothing in the washing machine smelled like it had been washed in skunk juice. I haven't used it since then which is too bad because it actually worked well for detangling and stimulating growth.

Last edited:

alex114

My fiancé has never said that he wants me to stop using Sulfur 8, but....yeah it smells so I stopped lol
But I have seborrheic dermatitis and for some reason my scalp loves to be greased. My scalp hates organic oils and butters, but I just try to be careful and use liquid spritzes on my scalp only.

irisak

My hair hates coconut oil too, it makes it dry and crispy, and just sits on top of the stands.
See me and coconut oil are coodayla. It's olive oil that keeps trying to play me. I thought everyone's hair loved it but it just sits on top of mine and makes a greasy stiff mess of my hair.