So what's so special about the Pibbs dryer???

oooop2

Today I purchased a Gold n Hot hooded dryer on sale at Sally's. Seems to be working just fine as I sit here DCing my hair. So I'm curious to know what makes the Pibbs dryer better??

PatTodd

For me, it dries gently and quickly but I really think there's something about it that makes my (3c) hair dry smoother.

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
lol, I have the same dryer! I hope you're enjoying yours! It's really great for DC-ing, but when you try to rollerset, it's another story.
I use the purple rollers, and it is truly a struggle getting my big head to fit under the hood.
And then once I get the hood on my head without knocking the rollers askew, then drying it is something else. The hot air doesn't really circulate that well, because there's no room. It just comes pumping out of the holes and it concentrates on certain areas and causes some breakage, unless I keep rotating my head.
And then the back never dries that well, so I have to take my head out and let it air dry.

But with the pibbs...:drool:...never again.
It has whirlwind action and the bonnet is so big, so you can fit a whole head of grey and/or purple rollers in there. And it dries evenly, and in so much less time. No rotating of the head...no canceling all my plans for the day to let my hair dry fully...that's like heaven to me. But times are rough...the Pibbs will have to wait. :rolleyes:

oooop2

Thanks for explaining chaos. I only plan on using it for DCing since I don't do rollersets.

And nope, mine has no wheels. I just placed it on my table and grabbed a chair to sit on while DCing.

I like it. And for $37, it was well worth the money.

nymane

The pibbs gives me a smoother/sleeker set (very close to salon results); when I used a table top dryer I would have the urge to flat iron my ng....not with the pibbs.

The heat is very even, I love the timer, large hood, temperature adjustment (I only had 3 choices with my table dryer)...this makes dryer time comfortable

It's the best hair care investment I've made...I :love: my Pibbs

vtoodler

Doesn't the Pibbs dryer cost over $300?

Also, since it's not portable, what do you do when you need to move?

Last edited:

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
Doesn't the PIbbs dryer cost over $300?

Also, since it's not portable, what do you do when you need to move?

It is portable. It comes on a stand and has wheels. The $700 Pibbs is designed for the salon only and is wall mounted. All others come on wheels.

danysedai

Yep, it has wheels. I keep it on my second bedroom.
I like the airflow, the fact that the hood is so big, although if you need to use the super large (blue) rollers you will have a hard time fitting your head inside (but then again, you'll have a hard time fitting it in any other dryer, unless it's open and then you'll need HOURS to dry it). I like that I set it to a temperature that is hot and has me sweating sometimes and it isn't the highest yet. It has lower colder settings that allow you to DC, etc.
Seriously, if it broke (knock on wood) I'd buy another, I rollerset every weekend and sometimes once during the week if I have a party or I'm going out.