Favorite Hooded Hair Dryer

janda

After about 10 years, my Gold n Hot hooded hair dryer broke and needs to be replaced. I mainly use it to DC but will start rollersets this Spring. I'd rather not spend $200+ on a Pibbs. But I have been eyeing the Babyliss Thermal Ionic on-line at Sally's.
I need suggestions for a replacement. What's your favorite hooded hair dryer?

againstallodds

My boyfriend recently surprised me with the Babyliss Thermal Ionic for Valentine's and I loooovvveee it. I was using Gold N' Hot 1400 watt hooded dryer before and it would take 1.5 hours to dry my hair and fidget constantly because it only had two speeds, hi and low, and hi was hot as hell. My hair would never dry in unison because of the angle of the hood.

My Babyliss dries my hair in 45 minutes (I roller set my hair), is super comfortable to sit under, and I set it on hi and am perfectly comfortable.

I did not want to shell out all that $$$$ for a Pibbs and I'm happy I didn't because the Babyliss suits me just fine.

Last edited:

davisbr88

I have the Babyliss as well and I love it! Dries my hair quickly and evenly. I especially love the fact that it's on an adjustable stand instead of table top, because I'm small and was tired of sitting on phonebooks as a grown arse woman.

Incrediblehairgirl

Where did he purchase your Babyliss from??

My boyfriend recently surprised me with the Babyliss Thermal Ionic for Valentine's and I loooovvveee it. I was using Gold N' Hot 1400 watt hooded dryer before and it would take 1.5 hours to dry my hair and fidget constantly because it only had two speeds, hi and low, and hi was hot as hell. My hair would never dry in unison because of the angle of the angle of the hood.

My Babyliss dries my hair in 45 minutes (I roller set my hair), is super comfortable to sit under, and I set it on hi and am perfectly comfortable.

I did not want to shell out all that $$$$ for a Pibbs and I'm happy I didn't because the Babyliss suites me just fine.

davisbr88

I didn't go through Sally's for mine. Mine isn't the same one as the white one pictured. It's silver, but I think it may be the same as far as wattage. I got mine through a salon supplies wholesaler about 3 years ago. The one at Sally's is cheaper, so that sucks... lol. But it was a wonderful investment. Especially because I don't use it enough to justify the price of a Pibbs.