Something to keep my hair looking "wet"

Karonica

Something to keep my hair looking \"wet\"

Okay, something I read in another thread has sparked me to ask this question. What products are there that can keep my hair looking wet, even when it's dry? I love how it looks when it's wet, but as it dries, it frizzes and looks blah. I saw someone mention something about Sebastian Wet. Any more suggestions?

Allandra

Re: Something to keep my hair looking \"wet\"

I used Sebastian Wet a LONG time ago (prior to joining any hair care boards). It gave my hair that 'wet' look. As far as more suggestions, have you tried using a leave in and then adding a little curl activator on top of that and then adding just a bit of gel (not that nasty brown gel). I got that suggestion from ValleyGirl, and I thought it did a good job.

gvsugirl

I use Fantasia ice pomade when i slick my hair back in a ponytail and it leaves the front of my hair looking 'wet'. On the jar it says it could be used for the wet look but i've only used a little on the length of my hair

Honey Vibe

The Good Physician

I would be interested in suggestions to. I usually maintain that great wet look by -- yes, I'm primitive -- just wetting my hair throughout the day. My hair is healthier for it, but it's healthy enough now that I wouldn't be against a quality product suggested by the ladies here.

Crystal

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Honey Vibe said:
I would be interested in suggestions to. I usually maintain that great wet look by -- yes, I'm primitive -- just wetting my hair throughout the day. My hair is healthier for it, but it's healthy enough now that I wouldn't be against a quality product suggested by the ladies here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely give the Sebastian Wet a try.... that's what it's supposed to do... make the hair look wet even when it's dry. It stiffens it a bit though.

There's another brand by Paul Mitchell I use but I can't remember the name of it and Sally sells a knock off of the Wet for a lot cheaper that basically does the same thing.

I'll put moisturizers on my hair first and then the Wet.

azul11

Crystal said:
Honey Vibe said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely give the Sebastian Wet a try.... that's what it's supposed to do... make the hair look wet even when it's dry. It stiffens it a bit though.

There's another brand by Paul Mitchell I use but I can't remember the name of it and Sally sells a knock off of the Wet for a lot cheaper that basically does the same thing.

I'll put moisturizers on my hair first and then the Wet.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm i would like having the wet look after a wash. and sallys does have the knock off version...hmmm quick question is this supposed to be placed on wet hair to keep the wet look or on dry hair to get the wet look?? and what type of moisturizers would you use? God bless you all.

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)

Depending on how "wet" you want it to look......I've used Soft &amp; Beautiful Botanicals Shining Gel. It dries soft and leaves the hair shiny. Beware, there is mineral oil as the 4th ingredient. I have also used the "Lite Creme Moisturizer" under that. I don't use either very often, but I choose these over gels that make my hair feel hard. These products smell very nice too.

Karonica

Thanks everyone!

I might go and look for the product later on today. I am SOOOO ready to take these braids out of my hair! I know it's only been 3 weeks, but it feels like forever!

Crystal

azul11 said:

hmmm i would like having the wet look after a wash. and sallys does have the knock off version...hmmm quick question is this supposed to be placed on wet hair to keep the wet look or on dry hair to get the wet look?? and what type of moisturizers would you use? God bless you all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wet my hair down first and then put the wet in and it stayed wet looking all day. I have a pic of me with the wet in my hair at the end of the day and it still looks wet. I'll send it to you when I get home because it's on my hard drive at home.

But again, I used it in my curly weaves which was like type 3b hair and it worked magic and kept if from swelling. I used it on the front part of my real hair and it was relaxed and it blended in well with the weave.

I would moisturize with water, Activator gel, the pink lotion, or curl free activator. I never used the scurl spray in combo with the wet but next time I get a wavy weave I'm a try it. But I would advise agains the Pink Lotion, it would sometime dry my hair out for some reason.

Karonica

May I see too? Sorry, I'm just nosey.

I think I may go and look for the "Wet" today. Ooohh, I can't wait!

Crystal

Karonica said:
May I see too? Sorry, I'm just nosey.

I think I may go and look for the "Wet" today. Ooohh, I can't wait!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.. I'll send the pic to you also when I get home tonite.

It's my weave though. Not my real hair. I've never used it all over on my real hair. Just in the front.

Karonica

Okay, I've tried the Sebastian Wet. It is okay, no biggie. I find it pretty good as a detangler. It doesn't make my hair hard at all. It keeps it looking slightly "oiled" rather than wet, if that makes any sense. It was worth the buy, but I probably won't buy it again. It smells like those bubbles we used to blow as a kid. I'm better off sticking with the S-Curl activator. But thanks again everyone!

Destanee

Have you tried BBD Glass? The way your hair looks wet is how it will be dry. Did that make sense? I use it with Stretch and comb thru. The only thing is that it can take forever and a day to dry, so try using when your hair is damp not soaking wet.

I've also heard you can get the same results from Rusk Wired, but I haven't tried it.

Karonica

Hmmmm...my first time hearing of this one. If I see it somewhere, I'll remember to pick it up. Thanks!

Adrian3bc

I use citre shine gel (~$2) in light hold and diluted with water and coconut oil.

leejure

Karonica,

I use Sauve Conditioner or Pantene Sleek and Smooth Conditioner MIXED with olive oil. This keeps my hair looking wet (see my picutures in my album marked WET) but if I want the bigger look, I use the same with the exception of the Olive Oil (see picture that says Completely Dry)

hth,

-lee

Allandra

Leejure,

It indicates 'This album is currently empty.'

Allandra

leejure said:
How about this time...this is driving me crazy! Dang gone yahoo!

http://photos.yahoo.com/leejure

[/ QUOTE ]
Nope, still not working.

Titansgirl

Okay, it's working now, Leejure.
Your hair is gorgeous.
So, do you add anything else w/ the conditioner? I really like the way your entire head remained wavy. I can only get my lower part of my hair to remain wavy. How long does this style last for you?

leejure

Thank you Titansgirl!

Well, I usually start with Olive Oil. I douse my hair with Olive Oil and then I get in the shower and rinse my hair with warm water (oil still in it) and add conditioner. Sometimes I spray it with Glycerin and Water (keeps it soft) and add gel (very little). When doing this, my hair looks like the first two curly pixs. When I do not add Olive Oil or Glycerin Water, my hair looks like the last picture.

-lee

Tru_Mind

Poohbear said:
bumping!!!
Thanx for bumping this PB, I wasn't a member in 2003...and I wanted to know this!

I have to admit I don't know how to wear my natural hair. I keep saying that when it's longer it will be easier...but shouldn't short be easy too?

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made

tru_mind, i would think shorter natural hair would be easier. do u usually just heat style your hair?

Tru_Mind

Poohbear said:
tru_mind, i would think shorter natural hair would be easier. do u usually just heat style your hair?
Yep...once a week! I'll try wearing my natural hair as much as I can in the spring and summer...especially the summer. Maybe I should just get it shaped by a professional.

Awww...but I'm scared of stylists right now!

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Re: Something to keep my hair looking "wet"

Definitely Kinky Kurly Curling Custard applied in small sections. I don't like it because of this reason though.

I have Sebastion Wet but I've never used it.