Sometimes, I wish I had kinkier hair...

Aviah

When its thick, jet black and just out in all its glory ugh.... AMAZING. I love my hair, but sometimes I wish my fro's were more... fro? Its seems to me the more texture you hair has the better it keeps in twists, braids etc, when natural. I just likey... Anyone feel me?

ClassicChic

When its thick, jet black and just out in all its glory ugh.... AMAZING. I love my hair, but sometimes I wish my fro's were more... fro? Its seems to me the more texture you hair has the better it keeps in twists, braids etc, when natural. I just likey... Anyone feel me?

I will trade ya!:lachen:

I know what you are saying though. It does hold but if I could trade some of my kinks for your looser curl, I would in a heartbeat.

The grass is always greener, I guess.:grin:

Mook's hair

This is an interesting thread.
It's rare to hear people wishing for kinkier hair...I find it refreshing because it's so uncommon in my experience.

I am satisfied with the kink of my hair. Sometimes it gets on my nerves (mostly the shrinkage) but generally I just love it.

And you're right, my thick kinky hair holds braids and twist like a true champion.

WOOT!

ladylibra

^^^It's people like you and Mwedzi that make us yearn for those tresses... :love: Proving that healthy hair is what should truly be valued regardless of texture! :grin:

Aviah

I know what you mean, I love when tight 4'a or 4b's have it all out and it actually stands up on thier head. Mine just falls, and looks flat on top with bushy sides.:sad: Trade ya in the product exchange forum for a day to test drive!
I will trade ya!:lachen:

I know what you are saying though. It does hold but if I could trade some of my kinks for your looser curl, I would in a heartbeat.

The grass is always greener, I guess.:grin:

Aviah

I know what you mean, I love when tight 4'a or 4b's have it all out and it actually stands up on thier head. Mine just falls, and looks flat on top with bushy sides.:sad: Trade ya in the product exchange forum for a day to test drive!:lachen:Then again I don't have patience to learn a new head of hair again. You know the way you can just straighten temporarily, why not get a tighter texture now and then? I actually think that would be hot...

Aviah

^^^It's people like you and Mwedzi that make us yearn for those tresses... :love: Proving that healthy hair is what should truly be valued regardless of texture! :grin:
That is sooo true. Anyone remember babyblu? Her hair was 4b and long, I LOVED IT, I just can't find her anymore:sad:, as for Sera25 (I think that's her username) Her hair is AMAZING!! Iwon't lie I could not handle it though!
There's a girl in my church with 4b hair that always does really nice twists, braids and the occasional fro that seem to last her forever, she better not EVER relax:whip:
Plus, its so rare to see natural kinkier hair IRL when you take it and grow it to great lengts its even more amazing...

Last edited:

LaBelleLL

I know what you mean, I love when tight 4'a or 4b's have it all out and it actually stands up on thier head. Mine just falls, and looks flat on top with bushy sides.:sad: Trade ya in the product exchange forum for a day to test drive!:lachen:Then again I don't have patience to learn a new head of hair again. You know the way you can just straighten temporarily, why not get a tighter texture now and then? I actually think that would be hot...

Hey,
You have 3c/4a hair listed as your type...it seems to me that's a good combo for your hair to rest in a fro properly....esp in twists...your hairs should just curl right around each other and close at the ends.

You also say your hair is bushy at the sides. Is your hair curly there (the 3c)? If that's the case, there are few products to remove the "bushiness" and make the hair retain its natural pattern and curl. I'm 3c all around and my hair gets that bushy look when I brush it (w/no products), otherwise, with my hair, twists work extremely well and fro's def. stand.....up and out.

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
That is sooo true. Anyone remember babyblu? Her hair was 4b and long, I LOVED IT, I just can't find her anymore:sad:, as for Sera25 (I think that's her username) Her hair is AMAZING!! Iwon't lie I could not handle it though!
There's a girl in my church with 4b hair that always does really nice twists, braids and the occasional fro that seem to last her forever, she better not EVER relax:whip:
Plus, its so rare to see natural kinkier hair IRL when you take it and grow it to great lengts its even more amazing...

I remember Babyblu! I had her album bookmarked and would go on everyday just to check for updates....talk about being an e-stalker:blush:

But yes OP I hear ya....i love twists but I don't bother to do them cause they are looking jacked up by day 5 and it's just too much work to do for 5 days of wear IMO. I just don't have that kinda time anymore :nono: I get a little envious of ladies who can keep their twists in for a couple of weeks and they still look nice & fresh.

Spongie Bloom

It's rare to hear people wishing for kinkier hair...I find it refreshing because it's so uncommon in my experience.

I am satisfied with the kink of my hair. Sometimes it gets on my nerves (mostly the shrinkage) but generally I just love it.

And you're right, my thick kinky hair holds braids and twist like a true champion.

WOOT!

Girl that hairstyle in your avi is FIYAH I was watching everybody hates Chris yesterday and Tichina Arnold had the the same type of hairstyle and I was :lick:

fyb87

OMG....I am with you totally! More texture is definitely better to me. You can see my scalp if I don't my wasn-n-go's just right or even if I want to wear twists. It's just not happening. My son said to me yesterday when I was bending down to pick up something, "Why is your scalp showing?" I've been doing Cassia/Henna Treatments since June to at least try and give me the thickness that I also crave!!

It's a shame when I'm happy because I'm having a frizzy hair day. That's when it's all big and looks like it's thick and a tiny kinkier!! :grin::grin:

Renovating

Aviah, you hair is gorgeous. I was drooling at those curls last week when you posted some where else. Shh, don't tell anyone.

mswoman

I like kinkier hair too because of the versatility... with mines it is kinky in one place and thin in others... hummmmm I'm using MT to thicken up the not so thick parts of my hair.

a_shoe_6307

I'm there with you. I see some 4A/B/C girls and just love the way their hair looks and sometimes wish my hair was like that.

Creatividual

WOOT!

What she said!

Oasis

grabbing life by the pussy
I love my hair, don't get me wrong, but I also love 3c. :look:

All the girls I see with 3c hair can have really defined curly hair one day and the next kink it up really nice so it appears to be type 4.

I only have the ability to kink it up and I would like to have the option to go curly every once and while.

vivEz daNs lamouR

After tonight's battle with trying to do some twists to my hair, I have to agree.

It took me 3 hours to do my twists and thats mostly because THEY WOULDN'T STAY IN!! :lol: The damn things kept unraveling so many got-damn times and at one point I had to bantu knot them just to keep them in place...

And my fros? They don't fro at all. They fall. And then it looks like "sad afro attempt" to "big curly ponytail".

mswoman

After tonight's battle with trying to do some twists to my hair, I have to agree.

It took me 3 hours to do my twists and thats mostly because THEY WOULDN'T STAY IN!! :lol: The damn things kept unraveling so many got-damn times and at one point I had to bantu knot them just to keep them in place...

And my fros? They don't fro at all. They fall. And then it looks like "sad afro attempt" to "big curly ponytail".

Ahhhh the things we do with our hair.. maybe they will come out with some kinky spray

Ltown

Greyland
I feel you everyday, my hair does not hold a style for nothing and I have to re do it everyday.:wallbash: heck when I finish transitioning I'm hoping I can get that Mook style but doubt it.

carib_n_curly

i use to wish this so much when i was younger and my texture was even looser. i look plain homeless after 2 days with twist:nono: so i don't even bother it's like a waste of time only to have twist for 2 days but took me hours to do
i've never tried wearing braids for this very reason. knowing my hair i would look jacked up after 2 weeks if that.
my mum would have to plait my hair everyday when i was little because after sleeping on it i look homeless
:look: i really did

2 strand twist 3 strand twist i look a hot mess after a few days. it would probably take super glue to keep twist on me neat for more than 2 days