Sores in my head

rere32

I am natural and every 2 weeks my hair dresser puts my hair in flat twist. Lately I have noticed that I am getting these sores in my head. Any idea what could be causing them?

Maybe the products used to flat twists or the twists are too tight.
How about try giving the twists a break.

^^^what the MsDee14 stated, also if she adds any synthetic hair it could cause a reaction as well. please take a break before you get breakage, alopecia, or both.

I get sores in my head and I wash regularly and use tea rinses. I had yeast overgrowth and with otc meds from organic market and probiotics my scalp is doing great. I can oil my scalp which before I couldn't because any oils would cause a flare up. I suffered for a few years. I had went to a dermatologist and all.

southerncitygirl, I don't have synthetic hair added. I've been going to her for almost a year now and from the last 2 visits I felt scabs in my head. The first time I noticed/felt something hubby looked at it and it appeared to (him) to be build up or something. It was hard like a scab, so when he picked it out it looked like something had crystalized in my head.(if that makes sense) She only uses shea butter to twists my hair and its never tight. I'm going to make a dermo appt because maybe its something else..

Back