Spin-off...Naturals do you braid at night?

ryanshope

Hello Ladies..I just saw an old thread of CandyC's that was bumped and I am curious--any naturals braid at night? I JUST started doing this now that my hair is longer(enough for me to cornrow WHOO HOO) and i have found that my fro stays pretty tangle free and is easier to manage--plus it is hella faster than twist outs everyday. So if your fro is long enough, do u ladies braid it up or let it fly free?

If my hair is out, no I don't braid. Trying to separate and braid my dry hair would just snap my strands right off. But I do put in a few buns so that it's not loose.

Yes I either do one braid at night or a bun

If my hair is curly I will add some type of butter to the ends, do one braid and tuck it in with a bobby pin to protect my ends.

If its straight I will usually use an oil (jojoba cuz its not that greasy) and then put my hair up in a high bun.

I don't , I move my puff to the top of my head without undoing it and then tie it with a scarf.. I don't braid/twist, as it stretches my hair... I prefer the crazy curls/kinks untouched

I do when my hair is flat ironed. At night, I apply coconut oil from mid-shaft to the ends and then put in one big braid and then put on a scarf. In the morning, I unbraid and fluff and it givess me a nice loose wave. My flat-iron job lasts 2 weeks by doing this, and my hair stays very moisturized.

When my hair is loose, I always plait or canerow it and cover it for bed. It helps my ends stay moisturised and stretched as long as they are quite big. For me loose hair at bedtime is like the thought of a WNG - asking for trouble.

No, I don't braid my hair at night. I don't typically braid my hair period!! To preserve my hairstyles I put my hair in a pineapple (loose pony at the very top of my head)!

I rarely go to bed with my hair loose. I moisturize my ends and slap in a few large braids or twists then cover with a satin bonnet, my hair is more cooperative when it’s semi-stretched than when it’s fully shrunken.

yes. i have to do this.i moisturize then plait my hair in at least 5-10 plaits then throw on a bonnet...on my lazy days, i put it in a bun then bonnet.but plaits keeps my hair stretched and less tangles/knots

Without fail. From when my mom was doing my hair to now when I'm doing it myself, I never go to bed without my hair being braided (or twisted if I'm wearing twists). I was shocked to find out a few years ago any naturals did.

No I do not. Though if it is loose (as in chunky puffy and not as in really small defined twist out), I will twist it into big twists at night every 2nd to 3rd night. On the other nights, I'll just put it into a ponytail and put a scarf on. My small defined twist outs are so . . . steady, they are just like twists are braids for that purpose.

Back