Spinny(sorta) What are you seeking and Where are you seeking?

HeChangedMyName

After reading GraceV2's awesome testimony about her media fast, I got to thinking. What am I seeking and where am I seeking for it? I've felt a pulling on my spirit for a fast for a long time, but I was baffled as to what to fast from. I didn't want to feel like I was just picking something or like I was choosing what to fast from, rather than God leading me to fast.

Anywhoo. She said something profound in her original testimony that made a lightbulb go off.

I did not realize before this fast how much I turned to the media (TV, music, magazines, Internet) for so much that I should have been turning to the Lord for, such as easing my loneliness or for advice.

I know many of us are seeking to please God and to have relationships with Him but I know for myself, I have been looking in all the wrong places. I am blessed and highly favored still. But I recognize that there is something still missing. I'm think I have a clue as to where my fast needs to begin. But I'm gonna pray about this and I am expecting some awesome breakthrough. Thanks Grace!!! and Thank you God for your grace and mercy and even when we are walking aimlessly to someplace we don't even recognize, you still keep us.

After reading GraceV2's awesome testimony about her media fast, I got to thinking. What am I seeking and where am I seeking for it? I've felt a pulling on my spirit for a fast for a long time, but I was baffled as to what to fast from. I didn't want to feel like I was just picking something or like I was choosing what to fast from, rather than God leading me to fast.

Anywhoo. She said something profound in her original testimony that made a lightbulb go off.

I know many of us are seeking to please God and to have relationships with Him but I know for myself, I have been looking in all the wrong places. I am blessed and highly favored still. But I recognize that there is something still missing. I'm think I have a clue as to where my fast needs to begin. But I'm gonna pray about this and I am expecting some awesome breakthrough. Thanks Grace!!! and Thank you God for your grace and mercy and even when we are walking aimlessly to someplace we don't even recognize, you still keep us.

marking my place...

I have been in deep thought about this all day and there appears to be a number of things that are getting in the way of my relationship with God. Like Grace, I too have been seeking the answers to a better relationship with God online, but also in books(I have been a bit of a self help book addict), and by constantly asking for affirmation and advice from my friends.

I have been in deep thought about this all day and there appears to be a number of things that are getting in the way of my relationship with God. Like Grace, I too have been seeking the answers to a better relationship with God online, but also in books(I have been a bit of a self help book addict), and by constantly asking for affirmation and advice from my friends.

I am so guilty of this too. I have grown accustomed to relying on others or materials ( self-help books or online , blogs, LHCF etc). Not saying there is anything wrong , but when it's as if you have a dependance on these things, it's like you have to step back and say ok why am I relying more on things or others instead of God.

Grace thread was truly an eye opener and it made me ponder real hard on the choices I am making and this was my confirmation that I need to spend time alone with God, its time .

I am so guilty of this too. I have grown accustomed to relying on others or materials ( self-help books or online , blogs, LHCF etc). Not saying there is anything wrong , but when it's as if you have a dependance on these things, it's like you have to step back and say ok why am I relying more on things or others instead of God.

Grace thread was truly an eye opener and it made me ponder real hard on the choices I am making and this was my confirmation that I need to spend time alone with God, its time .

Yes it is. He told me this morning what I have to do. It's gonna be a long road, but He has my back and I can do this.

Yes it is. He told me this morning what I have to do. It's gonna be a long road, but He has my back and I can do this.

Yes you can and so can I . He had to show and remind me I am stronger than I think I am and I can do all things through him if I just follow his lead.

5 He will receive blessing from the LORD
and vindication from God his Savior. 6 Such is the generation of those who seek him,
who seek your face, O God of Jacob. [b]
Selah Psalms 24:5-6

I have been seeking a closer relationship with God as well as more peace. Even though I believe in my heart about Jesus, my faith isn't as strong as it was when I was a little child. So right now, I seek Christ Jesus as well. I also want a stronger spirit of discernment. I've always been the one you would consider your typical church-goer and participates in ministries, but due to pressures from my father who is a pastor and just from the regular routine of life, I find myself thirsty and hungry for a stronger spiritual connection. I felt like after getting my first job, going to college, and doing all this commuting back and forth for different activities and events whether they were church related or secular, I felt my spirit diminishing. This year, it has gradually built back up and I want it to continue. I do find that different vices in this world do distract me or at least cloud my mind with negativity: television shows/movies, certain music, certain people, the list goes on.

Where I am seeking, I try to seek at the church that I currently attend but I do not find what I am seeking at the particular church I attend. So fellowshipping with either a few close friends, siblings, or even you ladies online helps we in my quest. Not only that, but reading the Bible and prayer are the number one things that help me seek. In real life, I see people turn to drinking, drugs, gambling, sex, etc. instead of Christ. People are bored and depressed with their lives. I do not want my life to go down that path. The sad thing is, Christ isn't even in some churches these days. People in church have their own hidden agendas to either control people or get people to follow them instead of God.

Despite all of this, I do feel like as I have gotten older, I have learned to be more forgiving and loving towards other people. And I have learned to be more understanding and open minded to others' views, perspectives, and experiences. Even though I seek all these things, I still feel like I am blessed and fairly content.

Last edited:
Back