Spinoff: Best pics of Relaxed Hair: a thread of encouragement!!

ShaniKeys

Hiya:wave:

I'm a 4a/b natural and I'm absolutely in love with my hair:infatuated:. I believe that going natural, just like relaxing or sporting locs is a personal choice. Longhairlover started a thread where she's saying some natural look down on her for having relaxed hair, I'm no such natchal gal:grin: This is a spinoff of Cocoberry10's thread for naturals, so I invite you to post the best, most beautiful pics you've ever seen of relaxed heads. Members who want to post their own pics may do so. I'll go first:)

ShaniKeys

relaxed and colored!

I would like to invite PacificPurinsesu, Southernbella, Godsflowerrr, Divinempress, Traycee and many more to post pics of their beautiful relaxed hair (when it used to be relaxed for some;)).

Everyone is welcome to post pics:D

asummertyme

I am loving that Jada pic...that is my hair goal right there! I love a simple strait style with a sweep bang!

*Muffin*

Relaxed head here! The texture in my hair is from bunning/braiding. Sorry the pics are so big and for the mess! Great thread :yep:.

spinspinshuga

I don't have pictures of her saved, but I nominate Traycee! Her hair makes me reconsider going natural every time I see it...

Lady Kay 21

Some of the women in the first post, ( especially some of the celebrities) have extensions IMHO. Not saying it doesn't look nice, but I don't think all of those pics are "real" hair.

ShaniKeys

Some of the women in the first post, ( especially some of the celebrities) have extensions IMHO. Not saying it doesn't look nice, but I don't think all of those pics are "real" hair.

Neither do I and apparently I should've addressed it in my OP, because I knew folks would come in with this again. So

Disclaimer: adding weaves into relaxed hair doesn't change the fact that your hair is still relaxed, famous singer Beyoncé Knowles relaxes her hair and wears extensions sometimes (and I'm NOT talking about the LF's she sometimes wears!), leaving half of her hair out, you can still see her hair. If she would've been wearing a wig things would be different.

The ideal would be to only post pics of relaxed hair with no extensions, but I absolutely do not see the reason why people who are wearing half their relaxed hair out should be discriminated. There were pics of Erykah Badu posted in the original thread that inspired this one, despite the fact that the 'authenticity' of it is questioned.

And IMHO, there are only two celebrities in the second post I made that are wearing extensions. People who feel like this shouldn't make the cut are welcomed (like I cited in my OP) to post their own pics, like Divinempress did.

Last edited:

ShaniKeys

Great thread, Shani, and I'm especially impressed to see a fellow natchal head starting it! :yep:

*cough* I don't wanna act uppity or nothing but...:sekret: you know we natchals are all for unity, love and peace:sekret:

:lol:

No but seriously, I felt like it was long overdue, and I have these pics in my computer because I find them beautiful and inspiring, esp. when I want to straighten my hair and achieve that relaxed look. Hope I won't get thrown out of the natural club over this :lol:

ShaniKeys

ps: I also hope Jhunt-Smith posts some pics, she had a poll where she was asking people to vote on whether she should relax, transition or go natural, I voted for her to stay relaxed, she has gorgeous hair IMO.

Nayeli

Yay for this thread

OP, one of the hair models in your original post is a hair inspiration of mine.

She has on the pink then white top. And it doesn't really matter if it's her hair or not lol, I want mine to look like that!

Not to mention our gorgeous LHCF heads that have been posted in the thread

ShaniKeys

Yay for this thread

OP, one of the hair models in your original post is a hair inspiration of mine.

She has on the pink then white top. And it doesn't really matter if it's her hair or not lol, I want mine to look like that!

Not to mention our gorgeous LHCF heads that have been posted in the thread

This one right?

I think she has gorgeous hair, and she's beautiful too. I have no idea who she is though. I personally think it's her real hair, but I'm no expert in that area to be honest.