Spinoff - Naturals Who Press - How Often..

Naturals - how often do you press/flat iron?

• Once a week

Votes: 16 11.2%
  • Every 2 weeks

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • Once a month

Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Rarely - a few times a year

Votes: 79 55.2%

• Total voters

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
My plan is 2x a year (Jan and June) press and trim at the salon

Fhrizzball

Once a year for a good trim. Don't know why I even have a flat iron when I do it so rarely.Once my hair gets longer and has more weight I'll probably do it more often.

Blessedmocha

I press once a week. Sometimes i get tired and if i havent got a function to go to, i leave it in braid outs..

However, i also find that i get less breakage, tangles when i press... so i might return to flatironing, faithfully once a week.

BostonMaria

I was flatironing once a week, but now I'm only rollersetting and putting my hair in a ponytail. If and when I do flatiron, I'm only doing the roots and avoiding the ends.

Detroit2Dallas

I'm sporadic. I will flatiron, keep it straight for about 2 weeks and then I will wear it curly (using Pantenes curly line deep conditioner in the square jar makes my curls POP btw, and its cheap 5.99 at target) then I ma flatiron it after 2-3 weeks. I'm sporadic with using heat but not because I'm scared to do it I just love the versatility

Nonie

:giggle: I like how in the choices the "rarely" option, which would have been my pick, is defined as "few times a year".

My pick is "none of the above". I do press my hair but only once in a blue moon. Since I started going natural in 2001, I've pressed my hair end of 2004, end of 2006, early 2009...and that's it so far. Not sure when I'll press it again. Too lazy to bother really.

Mad Scientist

Well I press just whenever I feel like it. I didn't press at all over the summer and I've gotten it pressed twice since August. I want to get it done every 2 weeks when the cooler season starts but we'll see.

MsLizziA

I flat iron when I feel like it. My plan is to keep it straight in decemeber cuz its my BF's birthday month and he likes it straight. And I work out a lot nowadays do I figure no point in straightnening if I have to constantly fix it ~shrug~