Splitsville

tmkersha

So I'm having a minor set back and I need advice. I was in the process of re-doing my twists in the front when I noticed that I have splits galore and SSK. I just trimmed last month. Now I'm not sure if I trimmed enough. I only trimmed about half a ringlet off. Should I go to a hair stylist this time and let them do it or should I take an inch off of each of my twists. I fear the stylist may cut too much off. I really need to get rid of these spits so I can start retaining length.
:feedback:

PAgirl

I would just do the S&D (search and destroy) method. The first time I did twist when I redid them I too noticed split ends. I thought they might have been from the twist but then the when I took them out there were none. I think the split ends were always there but I didn't notice them until doing twist. If you notice after trimming your hair is still splitting try to moisturize more and do a different style. I wouldn't let a stylist "trim" my hair. They might cut more than necessary.

Aviah

I had the same issue recently. I just bought a sharp scissors and dusted all of it, then did some S&D. I don't trust stylists with scissors either.