QUESTIONS for NO HEAT Challengers & Frequent Hair Cutters/Trimmers! (???)

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Can you get a hair cut without the stylist first blowdrying your hair straight(esp. if you have newgrowth)?

I'm transitioning to natural without the big chop and have almost 7 months of newgrowth. I want to get my hair cut to an even, neck-length bob (like webby and Nice) to get rid of these thin scraggy ends. I've trimmed my own hair before, but I don't want to try giving myself a hair cut in fear of not cutting it right.

I'm also wondering if I should wash, condition, blowdry, and flat iron my own hair before going to a stylist to get it cut?

If you don't use heat, how do you get your hair cut or trimmed without using heat to straighten your hair for a better cut/trim???

Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited:

WesternEyes

Hey poohbear! I'm not on that challenge, but I rarely use heat. I only straighten my hair to give myself a trim/cut. So I wouldn't really consider using heat every once in a while damaging to my hair.

Poohbear

WesternEyes said:
Hey poohbear! I'm not on that challenge, but I rarely use heat. I only straighten my hair to give myself a trim/cut. So I wouldn't really consider using heat every once in a while damaging to my hair.
The last time heat was used on my hair was March 1 when I went to get a trim at a salon. So I guess a month a part from using heat isn't bad. I'll just blowdry and flat iron my hair before going to get it cut. :yep:

Ayeshia

My first time going to master Cuts they cut my hair while it was in its curly state. They just wet it up really good and cut it while some coditioner was still in it...I got great results.

Poohbear

Ayeshia said:
My first time going to master Cuts they cut my hair while it was in its curly state. They just wet it up really good and cut it while some coditioner was still in it...I got great results.
Oh really? Interesting! Maybe I don't have to use heat afterall! I thought your hair must be straight in order to get a nice cut. I guess not. I might suggest what you said to the stylist I'll be going to. I'm just so wishy-washy about stylists since I've never been a regular salon go-er. Does the stylist smooth your hair really good with the comb in order to get your natural hair straight enough to make a nice cut?

Poohbear

Who else gets their hair cut without having to use heat to straighten first????