SSS Plates..ohh my..what about the CWK straight plates?

MizzBFly

A co-worker showed me she is all over instagram selling product. I really wanted to get them when she was to start shipping back in September. The natural haven wrote about her refund in Decemeber so why is the product now available for sale in January? why give out refunds when you could have shipped the dang things! :wallbash:

the website shows the limited edition plates $ 54 proce tag, what really good because I really want those plates:look:

http://www.cwkgirls.com/wedding-day

Napp

Ms. Nobody
What i dont understand is why she gave me a refund just a few weeks before launching her new product. She changed the name,color,style and even the material of the plates. I stopped getting update from the kickstarter a while ago. Also the amount i pledged was more than her asking price now. Would i have been given the amount that i requested? Wtf? So mny questions so little answers. Im just goong to wait and watch this time.

JudithO

What i dont understand is why she gave me a refund just a few weeks before launching her new product. She changed the name,color,style and even the material of the plates. I stopped getting update from the kickstarter a while ago. Also the amount i pledged was more than her asking price now. Would i have been given the amount that i requested? Wtf? So mny questions so little answers. Im just goong to wait and watch this time.

Where you following the CWK thread? She created the product, ran into patent issues, people dragged her for the delays, she refunded everyone's money, recreated the product and is selling it.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Where you following the CWK thread? She created the product, ran into patent issues, people dragged her for the delays, she refunded everyone's money, recreated the product and is selling it.

I read and even participated in the thread! She literally refunded me 2 weeks before the new launch and i specifically had to talk to her in order to get a refund at at time. I dont see how she returned everyones money when she was like doing 20 at a time. Why didnt she just say the plates were coming out soon? I also do not understand why it took so long to make the samples, do the design and other production issues and such but the new plates were made so quickly and differ so much from the original and improved plates.

JudithO

I read and even participated in the thread! She literally refunded me 2 weeks before the new launch and i specifically had to talk to her in order to get a refund at at time. I dont see how she returned everyones money when she was like doing 20 at a time. Why didnt she just say the plates were coming out soon? I also do not understand why it took so long to make the samples, do the design and other production issues and such but the new plates were made so quickly and differ so much from the original and improved plates.

Okay. If you specifically requested a refund, why are complaining about getting it regardless of whether or not a new product was coming out soon? So far as returning the money 20 at a time, she already explained the reasoning for that. I don't think it took long to make the samples. I think they have been made since like August but could not be released due to the patent issues. Looks like they spent some time trying to fight the patent, gave up and recreated a product that didn't have any issues i.e they knew exactly what NOT to create, and since they had already gone thru the process before with material choices, molds, etc, were able to push something out to production quickly. I don't think I care for the roller thingy or the new product, but people got what they wanted which is their money back.

Amarilles

I'm still waiting for my refund. :rolleyes: I'm actually glad she didn't send us this new product...I'm not paying for plastic to arrive broken and to have to add in office binder clips so the things will hold better. The product seems rushed to me, to be honest. I would still love to support her in the future, if I receive my refund of course, and once the product is actually of quality. I do think she's slowly building back the trust that was lost.

This new product isn't yet patented. I do wonder after everything with the last product, why not wait until she has actually patented it?

Limited Edition of the SSS (Snap, Stretch & Style) Starter Kit - this set is perfect for any female that would love to try a variety of styles on their hair. It features easy-to-use stretching/styling tools that can be connected in many different ways to obtain many fun looks. The SSS Tools patent pending design allows each tool to snap together firmly; the design allows you to BUILD YOUR OWN SSS TOOL.

Sosa

Are people now complaining about getting their money back??? The money they asked for? I swear....smh

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Okay. If you specifically requested a refund, why are complaining about getting it regardless of whether or not a new product was coming out soon? So far as returning the money 20 at a time, she already explained the reasoning for that. I don't think it took long to make the samples. I think they have been made since like August but could not be released due to the patent issues. Looks like they spent some time trying to fight the patent, gave up and recreated a product that didn't have any issues i.e they knew exactly what NOT to create, and since they had already gone thru the process before with material choices, molds, etc, were able to push something out to production quickly. I don't think I care for the roller thingy or the new product, but people got what they wanted which is their money back.

I wanted the plates. That is why i was a backer in the first place. She came online after they dragged her saying the cwk pkates were not coming out any time soon. So i asked for my refund earlier instead of waiting since it was taking so long for me to get one. If i had known something was coming out in 2 weeks i would have gladly waited. So what if I got my money back? I was really rooting for her and did not say anything when things got delayed or when she was accused of stealing the idea. If there were an official explanation as to what the heck happened i would be satisfied but there is only speculation as far as i know.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Are people now complaining about getting their money back??? The money they asked for? I swear....smh

You swear what?:rolleyes:

I am not complaining about getting my money back. Im questioning what the heck happened with this new and sudden launch.

davisbr88

Hi, all:
If you do decide to buy the plates, be careful. I have yet to receive a refund from her for my canceled order (or any communication from her after she acknowledged my cancellation even though she has been tweeting and gramming it up). Since she hadn't responded, I just went through my bank to dispute the charge and apparently she had set up some sort of recurring payments on my CC that they canceled for me. I definitely did not authorize any recurring payments. So just be careful, ladies!

JaneBond007

I had straight business questions because I didn't comprehend why what transpired had to happen in such a way and was met with lots of opposition. Dunno, business is business. But honestly, these plates look MUCH better. I'd like to use this rather than a roller set. I like the way they seem to curve. If there is a way to get them closer to the root hair so you don't have curl there and straight elsewhere or that ridge...maybe smaller sections? I like these, actually.

davisbr88

Was that Ambrosia in the kickstarter video with the q-redew?
I wonder if she will run into the same legal issues.

Amarilles

Thanks davisbr88 I'm calling my card people today. She said we'd get refunds at the end of January so I've been patiently waiting, but she hasn't even sent an update in forever.

I had straight business questions because I didn't comprehend why what transpired had to happen in such a way and was met with lots of opposition. Dunno, business is business. But honestly, these plates look MUCH better. I'd like to use this rather than a roller set. I like the way they seem to curve. If there is a way to get them closer to the root hair so you don't have curl there and straight elsewhere or that ridge...maybe smaller sections? I like these, actually.
Really? I tend to think the opposite...she's even marketing them as a hair stretch tool, no longer a hair straightening tool. The fact that the long plate has the hair mostly exposed (and not held in place) is a con, the fact that people need to add folder clips for it to tighten better is a con. The roller attachment does look easier than rollersetting/curlforming though, so that's a plus. Hopefully there will be different sizes to that roller though because people with very long hair or thick hair will take forever to dry on those tiny things. I also think the old plates looked easier to airdry in, the new tools seem uncomfortable.