staples baby....

chebaby

i am new to the taking care of hair thang lol.
and i have been going through products like a mad man.
but i finally found most of my staple products:

natural oasis scalp conditioner
natural oasis shea and jojoba oil hair butter- this is my favorite product in the whole world
mizani h2o nighttime treatment- it stops the breakies in one day
JBCO-need i say more? i really dont need another oil

what are your staples? and why do you love them?

I've been dipping and dabbing through a few products since I've got on here. (Not yet a PJ...I don't think:perplexed) However the one thing that I've kept from jump is Mizani's Intense Night-time Treatment. I absolutely love the way my ends feel when I wake up in the morning...I haven't had that dry feeling since I've start using it...which is about everyother night!

My staples

Joico shampoos- I like them because they help me with my porosity issue and are very concentrated
Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner- simply wonderful, moisture and softeness
Pantene mask- Gives me moisture and slip
Herbal Essences Leave in Cream- I like them all, cheap and effective
Paul Mitchell Hair Repair- creamy mild protein, works well and quickly

I made a switch to natural/organic products a few months ago. I find them to do a much better job at keeping my hair looking good :) Plus there are no sulfates, man made preservatives or other icky stuff that may be unhleathy for us.

Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose Conditioner - Very thick, creamy and moisturizing as heck. Smells sweet too.

Aubrey Organics GPB Conditioner - not too hard of a protein, not too soft either. Strengthens great, but leaves hair mosturized too.

Aubrey Organics GPB Shampoo - Great ingredients, high quality and lasts a long time. Leaves my hair clean, but not stripped.

Aubrey Organics Green Tea Shampoo - Leaves hair very clean, but no als or sls. Also doesn't dry hair out to the extreme like other clarifying poos can.

Aubrey Organics B5 gel - Medium hold, MOISTURIZING gel. It's my fave gel in the world, no hardness, but it really keeps the hair under control and softens it.

Giovanni Leave In conditioner - Very mosturizing and helps me to deatangle my thick, nappy arse hair, the best leave in I've tried :)

Jojoba oil - Adds shine and locks moisture in without being heavy or overly greasy.

Boundless Tresses - It just... works. It will be a staple for a couple of years to come.

SAA - This stuff rocks, it leaves your hair soft and silky. I add it to my protein treatments and relaxers.

Fantasia IC olive oil gel - The ONLY product I just can't find a natural replacement for. It lays my edges down and leaves no flakes at all.

That's all of em :)

Henna
JBCO
Essential oils (rosemary, lavendar, tea tree, peppermint, etc)
MN
Ojon Restorative treatment
African Pride braid spray
BT
SAA (in DC)
Fermodyl 619 for course/curly hair
ORS hair mayo
Ayurvedic oils
Coconut, EVOO, etc (no mo' "grease")

I'm sure there are more, but really, I like almost everything I use; guess that's the PJ in me! :lachen:

thanx for replying
neith, how do you use your giovani leave in? do you put it in a spray bottle with water or slather it on wet hair?
and where do you but it? can i get it at cvs or target

I use it straight from the bottle. My hair is thick and texlaxed, so it isn't heavy or anything on my hair. On wash days I put A LOT in. In between I just put a few dabs in here and there when I moisturize my hair.

I buy it from whole foods... I think they may also sell it at vitamin shoppe and I've seen some giovanni products in Duane Reade recently. I'm not sure about cvs or target.

If all else fails, try the internet. It costs around $8

Im glad that the staples I have now, i used before i found this board:

hollywood beauty olive creme
care free curl gold mixed with water (50/50)
proclaim cholesterol conditioner
creme of nature shampoo

Added since joining the board:
V05 - for co-washing of course
MN mix

my natural hair comes out extremly soft. I apply the first two products on wet and dry hair.

Back