Oh, no!!

Ebonygurl00

Well, I recently fell in love with Keracare. There's a problem, though: it's drying my hair out. I'm pretty sure it's all the mineral oil and cones. Mineral oil is the 2nd ingredient in the Oil Moisturizer!! My hair hated Mizani H2O, so I think it's the mineral oil. Man!! I washed and conditioned my hair again with the Keracare products, and got the same dryness. I've figured out which products it were, though. The Oil Moisturizer w/ Jojoba, and the bottle of Humecto has to go. I'll try to use the Humecto in the tub for deep conditioning. I'm not sure if that's causing dryness, too. I absolutely will NOT give up the 1st Lather, Hydrating Detangling Poo, and Essential Oils. These are my staples, I love them! I'll just use my Elucence MB conditioner with those Keracare products. I'm so mad! I guess I'll put those Keracare items up on the product exchange board.....:(

Candy_C

do u use a bit of water on ur hair b4 using the oil moisturizer?

this stuff is only good for airdrying (wet hair) i've found, and for daily use..on water spritz hair...

basically if u've used heat on ur hair KC oil moist is not the thing for you...

try cream headdress if you hair is heat styled....now THATS some good stuff.

joyous

I had the same problem with the Humecto too. My hair also didn't like the Mizani H20, I gave that away. I tried several times to use the Humecto in the bottle, it just didn't work for my hair. My hair doesn't seem to care for mineral oil and cones either.

Ebonygurl00

Candy_C said:
do u use a bit of water on ur hair b4 using the oil moisturizer?

this stuff is only good for airdrying (wet hair) i've found, and for daily use..on water spritz hair...

basically if u've used heat on ur hair KC oil moist is not the thing for you...

try cream headdress if you hair is heat styled....now THATS some good stuff.

I used everything right after I got out of the shower. My hair was wet. I bet it would be horrible on dry hair, lol. I tried it again on damp hair, and it was really drying. I just think my hair hates it. I only airdry, no heat-styling. Well, I love the poos and the essential oils, so I'll keep using those. Thanks for the help!

Ebonygurl00

joyous said:
I had the same problem with the Humecto too. My hair also didn't like the Mizani H20, I gave that away. I tried several times to use the Humecto in the bottle, it just didn't work for my hair. My hair doesn't seem to care for mineral oil and cones either.

Maybe our hair hates the same things. What do you use now? Have you ever tried the Elucence MB conditoner? I'm starting to think that it was the product that was making my hair healthier.

Ebonygurl00

natasha said:
Did you clarify? Maybe thats also contributing? I don't know just a thought.

HTH!

I clarified with the 1st Lather. It should've worked, because I was only using Elucence MB conditioner, EVOO/Jojoba oil, and water before I used the KC products. Thanks for the suggestion, though! I'm going to wash my hair with the 1st Lather, Hydrating Detangling Poo, and use the Elucence MB conditioner as a leave in, and the Essential Oils, and see how my hair responds. My hair hasn't been this dry in a LONG time.

NeeSee

I had this problem but it was with the hydrating poo. The first lather would be fine but that second lather would make my hair feel so dry.

Ebonygurl00

Adrian said:
I had this problem but it was with the hydrating poo. The first lather would be fine but that second lather would make my hair feel so dry.

Really?! Wow, my hair LOVES that stuff! It's even better than my beloved CON green. No gross build-up, and super-soft, moisturized hair. Did everything else with Keracare work for you?

simone103

It sounds like you need to clarify every couple of weeks. Try Kenra clarifying shampoo - I find that shampoo more effective than the KC 1st lather. I tried the Kenra shampoo last night and conditioned with the humecto, and my hair was a lot more moisturized after I finished drying my hair. I've tried the jojoba oil moisturizer and don't find it particularly moisturizing.

Ebonygurl00

Ok, ladies, I'm now positive it was the Humecto and Oil Moisturizer giving me dry hair. I washed my hair with the 1st Lather, then the Hydrating Poo, then used Nexxus Keraphix because my hair was WAY too stretchy, then I used some Elucence MB conditioner as a rinse-out for about 5 minutes. Afterwards, I put in a little bit of Elucence MB conditioner as a leave-in, then sealed w/ the Essential Oils while wet. My hair is dry now, and it doesn't feel like hay anymore! I think it'll take a few more washes to get my hair back into the shape it was in before the Keracare, but I'm relieved that I have moisture and softness again.

simone103: I clarified right before I used the Keracare products. My hair was clean, so I know it was the Keracare. Thanks for the suggestion!

gymfreak336

The only things I have had success with from keracare has been dry/itchy scalp shampoo and the hydrating shampoo. Humecto leaves it a hard rough mess.

joyous

Ebonygurl00 said:
Maybe our hair hates the same things. What do you use now? Have you ever tried the Elucence MB conditoner? I'm starting to think that it was the product that was making my hair healthier.

I'm using the Elucence now and have been for several months, my hair loves it.