Steam FlatIron

A

AmilLion

Hey, what's the name of that Steam FlatIron that some of you guys use on this board. I think I feel the urge to purchase something today /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Faith

That's so weird I'm thinking of picking this up today also. I'm leaning towards the conair one: http://www.conair.com/Products/detail.jsp?productID=194
I have used this one before http://www.conair.com/Products/detail.jsp?productID=32 but at that time it ripped my relaxed hair out a bit (I admit the hair was damaged and weak so...). I may try it now with my natural hair and make sure it has a good detangling product in there before I flatiron. I'll let you know tomorrow how it turns out (I'm only doing a small section of hair).

A

AmilLion

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Faith said:
That's so weird I'm thinking of picking this up today also. I'm leaning towards the conair one: http://www.conair.com/Products/detail.jsp?productID=194
I have used this one before http://www.conair.com/Products/detail.jsp?productID=32 but at that time it ripped my relaxed hair out a bit (I admit the hair was damaged and weak so...). I may try it now with my natural hair and make sure it has a good detangling product in there before I flatiron. I'll let you know tomorrow how it turns out (I'm only doing a small section of hair).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks a lot /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Faith

Amillion, are you still going to purchase it today? If you do keep me posted on how yours turns out. Thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ms_kenesha

The last time I used the Straight Styles Steamer I didn't like it. I plan to maybe try it again but it was hard to use as you said before. I still have mine and plan to only use it to seal my ends.

Hair2there

Hi, I'm kinda new on this board and I'm happy that i found a post I have a comment about. Well, I purchased a conair steam flat iron and I wasn't happy with the results. When I tried to get the flat iron over my roots, it couldn't reach it. The metal part, in the middle, that straightens the hair was too small and the plastic it was in between was too wide. It also had a leak and when I was trying to flat iron my hair, the hot steaming water rolled down my back. It hurt like /images/graemlins/censored.gif. Nevertheless, I returned it and got my money back.

Faith

I may have to stay away from this item then. I have flatirons now that don't reach my roots. I'm not interested in purchasing more of that. Thanks hair2there and welcome to the group. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
When I tried to get the flat iron over my roots, it couldn't reach it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can get real close to my roots with this one:
Wave Rage

I got it for $11.99 at Wal-Mart. It doesn't use steam and it's not ceramic or anything fancy like that. And I only used it on my edges--it would have taken all day to straighten my whole head with that little thing!

Allandra

AmilLion,

Have you ever thought about trying the ceramic flat iron? I love the way my hair feels after I flat iron my hair (smooth and silky). I tried the steam flat iron one time. Afterwards, I wrapped it back up, put it back in the box, and took it back to the store to get my money back. It made my already thick hair even thicker. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif I wasn't crazy about it at all. So, if you do decide to try it out, make sure the store will accept returns and give refunds (just in case you don't like it).

Faith

Listen to them Amillion. I went ahead and tried it again last night and /images/graemlins/blush.gif It ripped a few strands out. The idiot that built it built it with screws right around the plate and these screws rip hair out when you use it. I'm returning it tonight. Plus like Allandra said it, it just makes the hair bigger. Mine was still looking big/unstraightened. I'm picking up the 1" Jilbere today. I ordered it in Nov, it just came in yesterday. I'll let you know how that one is as well. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Faith

I went to pick up the flatiron during my lunch and guess what.............. /images/graemlins/mad.gif it's the wrong one and I waited 2 months for it /images/graemlins/mad.gif
Do any of you use the stove flatiron? Thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif