Steam Treatments at salons...........

lovechic

Has anyone here had a professional steam treatment at a salon yet? If so, did your stylist use essential oils or a deep conditioner? Also, do they use a plastic cap to cover the products on your hair before putting you under the steamer or just leave it out? And how long was the treatment? TIA!

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
lovechic said:
Has anyone here had a professional steam treatment at a salon yet? If so, did your stylist use essential oils or a deep conditioner? Also, do they use a plastic cap to cover the products on your hair before putting you under the steamer or just leave it out? And how long was the treatment? TIA!

I had one. She used a special conditioner because I complained that my hair was breaking off too much for my taste. She did a blend of conditioners and she didn't use a plastic cap I believe (it has been a while). In all, I gotten some nice results.

lovechic

Thanks for the reply girl! I'm trying to find out as much possible! If you remember anything else, please let me know! PM me if you want!

brickhouse

I have never had one done at a salon but I do have my own table top steamer. I sometimes use oils and at other time I use a conditioner. It depends on what my hair needs.

sithembile

I get a steam treatment with every relaxer. My stylist uses either Wella Power mask; Wella Hydro mask or Affirm 5 in 1. I sit under the steamer for 30 minutes without a cap. My hair is so soft afterwards, even if it was a protein treatment. I love them!

sweetpeadst

I also have one! My stylist used a conditioner (Redkin All Soft I believe) and did not use a cap! I love them I need to invest in an athome steamer b/c I don't know of anyone here with a steamer!