Still I have small broken hairs

Soquin

Today I started a new regimen.

Last night I baggied with soft sheen Carson's Care Free Curl and olive oil.
Then today I washed with Infusium 23. I followed with aphogee 2 min reconstructor and left it on for 5 min. Then I used QH and did an oil rinse with hot six oil. Last I used ORS replenishing pack and followed with Infusium 23 leave in. Last I added care free curl and sealed ends with jojoba oil.

I still have small broken hairs and snaps.. I don't know what else to do. Can someone please help??!

i do too. maybe if you continue this new regimen over time there will be less hairs. my broken hairs haven't stopped completely but I've noticed way less breakage since i've been moisturising and sealing. i think it takes time hope you figure it out:)

OP...you are doing a whole lot of stuff lol. How will you even know if a product helps or hurts you if you are using so much stuff? Cut your regimen down to the basics. Then build it up. So for example...shampoo, condition, leave in, seal. Period. Do that for a few weeks and see how your hair responds. Then maybe add an oil rinse. Then one of the other products you mentioned. Right now, it's too much at one time

ETA: My regi is simple. Cowash, apply leave in, seal, air dry. I am relaxed and bleached. And as for using both the ORS and the 2 min...that could have something to do with your breakage. Too much protein possibly. See how ORS reacts to your hair. Then see if you need it plus the 2 min. You may be approaching overload

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Hair breakage isn't fixed overnight. Even the perfect regimen takes time to work its magic. Give it time.
Also, do you really need Aphogee 2 minute AND ORS? They're both protein. If you need that much protein use one strong one instead of two mild ones.
Like Kupenda said, you are doing a whole lot of stuff. Consider scaling it back.

OP you have wayyyyyy too much going on! It would be hard to tell what the culprit is.

Clarify your hair and start anew.

As the previous poster said start of simple, begin with a simple moisturizing DC (you had a lot of protein) air dry seal with an oil then see how your hair reacts.

After accessign your hair then add additional products as needed

OP...you are doing a whole lot of stuff lol. How will you even know if a product helps or hurts you if you are using so much stuff? Cut your regimen down to the basics. Then build it up. So for example...shampoo, condition, leave in, seal. Period. Do that for a few weeks and see how your hair responds. Then maybe add an oil rinse. Then one of the other products you mentioned. Right now, it's too much at one time

ETA: My regi is simple. Cowash, apply leave in, seal, air dry. I am relaxed and bleached. And as for using both the ORS and the 2 min...that could have something to do with your breakage. Too much protein possibly. See how ORS reacts to your hair. Then see if you need it plus the 2 min. You may be approaching overload

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Thanks... I think I need more protein. I've been doing more research and when wet my hair stretches way to much!

Hair breakage isn't fixed overnight. Even the perfect regimen takes time to work its magic. Give it time.
Also, do you really need Aphogee 2 minute AND ORS? They're both protein. If you need that much protein use one strong one instead of two mild ones.
Like Kupenda said, you are doing a whole lot of stuff. Consider scaling it back.

What do you recommend I use for a strong protein treatment?

OP you have wayyyyyy too much going on! It would be hard to tell what the culprit is.

Clarify your hair and start anew.

As the previous poster said start of simple, begin with a simple moisturizing DC (you had a lot of protein) air dry seal with an oil then see how your hair reacts.

After accessign your hair then add additional products as needed

I'm pretty sure I Need more protein! Like when wet my hair stretches so much and has to much elasticity!

What do you recommend I use for a strong protein treatment?

If you think you need a good strong dose, I would suggest Aphogee 2 step. Then for regular maintenance I love Joico K-pak, or the Sally's GVP version of Joico K-pak. Follow the directions to the T when you first use them. Over doing it can cause just as much damage.

I'm pretty sure I Need more protein! Like when wet my hair stretches so much and has to much elasticity!

Wet hair stretches up to 50%. That's normal for your hair to stretch while wet.

Breakage leads me to think your hair is already damaged from low moisture or mechanical damage from combing and brushing. Are you brushing a lot or using small toothed combs? I advocate using wide tooth combs except for parting the hair and brushes only around the edges occasionally.

You need to simplify your regimen. Your hair really doesn't need all that product. All you really need is a bit of moisture to maintain a little elasticity and a sealant. Protein maybe if you've lost it through chemicals.

Sent from TopNotch1010's iPhone using LHCF

Back