STOP COMPLAINING!

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
For those who went to church this past weekend, what was your sermon/talk about? Feel free to post it here. I was out of town and visited a small church, and the message was so timely I just have to share it. The basis of the sermon was the Children of Israel's conduct in the wilderness:

Numbers 11:1
And when the people complained, it displeased the Lord: and the Lord heard it: and his anger was kindled: and the fire of the Lord burnt among them and consumed them that were in the uttermost parts of the camp.

2 Corinth 4:17
For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory

Key points:
We have become like the Children of Israel, when God gave them Manna to sustain them in the wilderness yet they complained. They complained that God "afflicted" them when back in Egypt they had access to seafood, all the meats they could eat, etc. They failed to see where they were, because they looked back at where they came from, so they didn't Trust God.

We complain when we're blessed, we complain when we're not. We have food in the fridge and pantry yet there's "nothing to eat". We complain that we have nothing to wear to church, yet our closets are full of clothes/shoes. We even complain in our prayers to God. To God, complaining is displeasing. The Bible does say to cast our cares on him and to bring all complaints (troubles), but these complaints referenced here are those of a people who are not content with God.

1 Thess 4:11 tells us we ought to mind our own business, yet we don't. We complain about other people...what they wear, who is ugly, who is dating whom, who has the stupidest things to say, who is blessed, who isn't, who this, who that... when we fail to look inwardly.

I was so blessed to hear this message because I realize that I'd been guilty of this and also was complaining. I think at some point, we all have to stop to see what we're complaining about in our lives, and just be still in the wilderness and trust God --- completely.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I cried for the inches my hair had not grown and yet aloepecia, I've never known.

My shoes don't match the dress that I bought, yet who clothes the women that I never gave thought, who have no shoes or dresses at all.

I cried "Oh God', I've gained too much weight, yet there are hungry souls with caved in bodies who will never have the priviledge of the food that I ate.

The wife cries, "Oooo, that man with his dirty socks", yet he's always home and not out with the jocks.

I wish these kids would turn down the TV, yet you are blessed with a loving family.

I hate my job, yet you still have a choice. You are able to move on and express your voice.

Why does my phone keep ringing... Someone loves you enough to call which should keep yourself singing.

Why does my Pastor have to preach this way; he's the 'covering' God has given you to keep sin at bay.

Do not despair. We're human, it's true, but life isn't through. Our blessings we gather than rather, throw them away. :Rose:

You shall enjoy the fruit of your labor, for it is the gift of God. (Eccl 3:13)

Last edited:

HeChangedMyName

When God answers prayers

Nehemiah 1:1 and Nehemiah 2:1-8

emphasis on when the prayer occured---In the month of Kislev in the twentieth year

and when it was answered--in the month of Nisan, in the twentieth year

Point being that God will answer, you just have to have patience to wait on his answer and be proactive about things, but not just sitting around idly waiting

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Well said.. :yep:

I cried for the inches my hair had not grown and yet aloepecia, I've never known.

My shoes don't match the dress that I bought, yet who clothes the women that I never gave thought, who have no shoes or dresses at all.

I cried "Oh God', I've gained too much weight, yet there are hungry souls with caved in bodies who will never have the priviledge of the food that I ate.

The wife cries, "Oooo, that man with his dirty socks", yet he's always home and not out with the jocks.

I wish these kids would turn down the TV, yet you are blessed with a loving family.

I hate my job, yet you still have a choice. You are able to move on and express your voice.

Why does my phone keep ringing... Some loves you enough to call which should keep yourself singing.

Why does my Pastor have to preach this way; he's the 'covering' God has given you to keep sin at bay.

Do not despair. We're human, it's true, but life isn't through. Our blessings we gather than rather, throw them away. :Rose:

You shall enjoy the fruit of your labor, for it is the gift of God. (Eccl 3:13)