Straight Hair the Salon way!

S

Salliquay

I am going to a special event and I want to straighten my hair salon style.

Somehow no matter what I do I can't seem to manage to get my hair straight with the pressing comb like they do at the salon.

Here is what I do:

1)Deep Condition my hair under the dryer for 30 Minutes

2)wash my hair with moisturizing shampoo (if I leave conditioner in my hair the strands will break)

3) Use a detangling spray and comb threw my hair

4) Use a thermal spray spritz all over my hair

5) roller set hair and dry under a hooded dryer

6) I make sure my hair is dry then I section my hair off use a silk serum over my hair before I press.

this doesn't seem to work because my hair is still kind of has a moist puffy texture to it.

What am I doing wrong???

babyanjel

I think what you're doing sounds about right...but the trick to getting it really straight is to have the result of your rollerset as silky/smooth as possible.
My stylist would rollerset then press my hair out and she warned me that weather I blowdry @ home or air dry the key to having a straight finished product is to get the hair as smooth as possible first.

Denim And Leather

Salliquay said:
I am going to a special event and I want to straighten my hair salon style.

Somehow no matter what I do I can't seem to manage to get my hair straight with the pressing comb like they do at the salon.

Here is what I do:

1)Deep Condition my hair under the dryer for 30 Minutes

2)wash my hair with moisturizing shampoo (if I leave conditioner in my hair the strands will break)

3) Use a detangling spray and comb threw my hair

4) Use a thermal spray spritz all over my hair

5) roller set hair and dry under a hooded dryer

6) I make sure my hair is dry then I section my hair off use a silk serum over my hair before I press.

this doesn't seem to work because my hair is still kind of has a moist puffy texture to it.

What am I doing wrong???

Check your PM's, chicka. :)