Straightening Hair W/Out Blowdrying

peachykeen

I feel bad for straightening my hair every week as it is:sad:. But, I really feel bad that I have to blow dry it first to get it straight enough to press or flatiron:nono:. What are some of your methods for straightening hair without blowdrying it first?

melissa-bee

Are you natural?
I'm transitioning and after i've rinsed i air dry my hair in about 6 braids so to stretch my new growth, then when it's dry i'm able to get my roots.

peachykeen

Oh yeah I forgot I am natural. Thats the challenged. I honest thought about get the maxiglide or something.
Can naturals rollerset. How do you get the curls around the roller?

BostonMaria

Oh yeah I forgot I am natural. Thats the challenged. I honest thought about get the maxiglide or something.
Can naturals rollerset. How do you get the curls around the roller?

Yes of course. I've been natural almost 3 years and rollerset in the winter time once a week. To get the curl around the roller you have to make sure your hair is wet, not damp. You would rollerset the same way you would if you had relaxed hair.

peachykeen

Where have I been? You ladies are over here in LCHF setting it off with the beautful healthy hair. Thanks for the link and you know while I was over there I went snooping around your fotki, your hair is gorgeous!

PPGbubbles

I have ari dried in 12 braids b4 straightening and then used the comb chase method....it works okay it just takes too long 4 me (the air drying) lol

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I have ari dried in 12 braids b4 straightening and then used the comb chase method....it works okay it just takes too long 4 me (the air drying) lol
You don't have to air-dry, you can sit under the dryer. That's what I do, I don't have days to wait for my hair to dry, lol.

Lylddlebit

I have washed and air dried a twisted/bantu/braided style before straightening it section by section. That eliminates the blow dry step, but it does take a longer time to do it that way.

DivineNapps1728

ITA with the previous posters!! If your goal is to use less heat try banding then allowing your hair to air dry. Rollersetting is a great option for drying before straightening even though it can take a while; personally I put my hair in ponytails before putting rollers in place then I go under a hooded dryer. You could also air dry in plaits or twists.