straw set

simsim1980

I was thinking of doing straw set for a wedding this weekend, do you guys think this is ok or should I try something else. I have a perm and my hair is little past my shoulder. Thanks

I was looking at cincybrownsugar album and her hair is done in a straw and spiral set, can someone tell me how to do a spiral set?

hey ladies

i used to do straw sets/spiral sets on my hair.My hair was about armpit length at the time.It took about 2-3 hrs by myself to set it.

stuff i used lol:
small bobby pins
motions foaming setting lotion
straws cut in half
rat tooth comb.
hair net.
oil sheen(optional)
straws cut in half

well ladies all i did was set my hair as if it was a regular roller set.I applied a medium amount of motions faming lotion on each set.I then took a small bit of hair and rolled it smoothly on half a straw and secured it with a small bobby pin.afterwards most of my hair would be dry but i would put on a net and just chill for a bit.
Then maybe after a hour just take out the straws fluff and go!
Maintain with a little sheen and hair set for sleeping.
If a curl gets flat just re-set that curl.My sets would last up to ten days! :lol:

spiral sets:
medium length rubber rollers(not sure what they are called but they bend)
i use the same foaming lotion and follow the same routine as the straw set.
I secure the the set by bending the roller.

good luck

Last edited:
you know what? i never paid attention to this stuff but i dreamt of doing a straw set on my hair....someone please tell me im crazy

simsim1980 said:
I was looking at cincybrownsugar album and her hair is done in a straw and spiral set, can someone tell me how to do a spiral set?

When I do a spiral set, I follow pretty much the same steps as I show in the straw set, except of course I do not use straws. I use orange rods for my hair, I have used flexirods but I prefer the look I get from the hard rods. If you need more instructions let me know I would be glad to help you

I have never used the sprial rod, I normally use the regular perm rods like the one in the picture, and I follow the same steps as the straw set.

Attachments

• rod.jpg
    rod.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 1
Back