Stretching Products/Health Food Shoppers

kombov_dymond

I have been doing a little shopping here and there for products, and I would like to know what you guys add to your favorite products to make them last a little longer.

Also, what are your favorite products that you buy for your hair at health food stores? I plan on getting some avocado oil and some GPB from Whole Foods. I know there are a few more natural things that I may want to try. I don't know much more to look for besides those 2 things. (The closest Whole Foods is 2 hours away.)

TIA
KD

MeccaMedinah

The best things that I have purchased are Giovanni 50:50 remoisturizer conditioner, aloe vera gel,and grapeseed, sweet almond & castor oils. I have yet to see how my rosewater and my glycerin will behave in my hair (waiting till warmer temps).

sengschick

The Bun Master
Well there's a great little co-op close to my office. It's too expensive in comparision to my regular hfs, but they do sell products in bulk. I get organic ACV, Almond Oil, EVOO and Nature's Gate Conditioner from them. It's so much cheaper that way. Nature's Gate is by far my fav HFS hair line. AO is great, but the only product I've ever used is the GPB. From my regular HFS I buy all of my other oils, Castor/Avocado, etc.

kombov_dymond

Ok Sengs! You are the one that made me curious about the avocado oil. Organic ACV?? Who knew?? I want to try real castor too.

What are some fave Nature's Gate conditioners? I saw some at the supermarket and they are reasonably inexpensive.

sengschick

The Bun Master
kombov_dymond said:
Ok Sengs. You know I got curious about the avocado from you. Organic ACV?? Who knew?? I want to try real castor too.
Avocado just turned out to be the oil for me, not too light but not too heavy for my hair either. Almond Oil was way too light. Make sure you get the cooking grade of whatever u choose. Except castor of course. I noticed that Indian Castor Oil is much thicker and has more color than the ones @ the hfs. It isn't organic, but expellar pressed so all of the good stuff is in tact when u get it from the HFS. :yep:

What are some fave Nature's Gate conditioners? I saw some at the supermarket and they are reasonably inexpensive.
I love the Original one which just says 'Herbal' I think. It's a rich brown color. The other must have (I use before every wash) is the Aloe Vera Treatment. It leaves you hair sooo moist. Sometime I add castor and/or avocado oil to it just for an extra punch. ;) They are sooo inexpensive but soo good.

sengschick

The Bun Master
kombov_dymond said:
Thanks alot for your help Sengs! I won't feel so lost in the store now!
You're very welcome. I feel so lost in a regular drugstore or grocery store. All of the packaging looks great and exciting, but I walk away empty handed. The labels on products @ the HFS I can read and comprehend. Too many 10 syllabal words on 'regular' product labels. I can't tell if it good or bad! :look: :lol: