Stretching Relaxers

girl327

Ok I need help again
I just put my relaxer in about 2 weeks ago and my roots are starting to sing already {new growth kicking in} before I attempt to put a relaxer in 3 weeks from now can you give me some tips to help stretch my relaxer to 8 weeks
smirk.gif
I mean my hair is doing very well for now so ........ but I know four weeks from now its not gonna look so pretty
look.gif

thanx

I would suggest that once you get closer to 8 weeks start wearing a bun or another protective style so you're not in your hair so much. Make sure you add a moisturizer to your hair before you comb it (this will help with any breakage that might occur), comb your hair in sections. That should help you make it to 8 weeks.

ITA, WGO works great. Do you think that the Profective isn't relaxing your hair enough and maybe it's reverting or maybe underprocessed?
confused.gif

I've had this happen when I've used different perms. For example if I use NO-lye, I'd have to relax sooner or if I used Designers Touch Mild. I would absolute have to relax at 6 weeks with Designers Touch. I currently use Affirm and it last for 12 weeks with little difficulty.

I've learned to stretch my relaxer on my 4b hair as long as possible before breakage occurs. For me it's 13 weeks (14 weeks the last time!). The styles that work for me are braidouts, braided styles (not extensions)and buns. These styles do not require combing and very little manipulation. With braidouts, The new growth doesn't show as much because the waves all blend in. I use coconut oil on my new growth to keep it soft and moiturized.

Back