Stretching/Soreness/Tenderness

KPH

House Head
I'm a newbie and I am attempting to either stretch or go natural. I lurked for a while and have purchased produces and have seen a difference in my hair. I think i'm a 4a or a latter 3. Now, the question is, I'm in dire need of the cold white cream or something, my hair doesn't look bad now but whenever I wait to long for the cold white stuff my scalp tends to get tender, has anyone experienced this and if so, what did you do, grab the cold white cream or pray the pain away?:ohwell:

It~Can~Grow

Never experienced and that's probably because my longest stretch was 8 weeks.

Just a thought...could it be related to your detangling or combing ng methods? If you're a little rough during the thicker ng periods, maybe it's the added tension of the pull and tug. idk :look:

lisana

I'm a newbie and I am attempting to either stretch or go natural. I lurked for a while and have purchased produces and have seen a difference in my hair. I think i'm a 4a or a latter 3. Now, the question is, I'm in dire need of the cold white cream or something, my hair doesn't look bad now but whenever I wait to long for the cold white stuff my scalp tends to get tender, has anyone experienced this and if so, what did you do, grab the cold white cream or pray the pain away?:ohwell:

Are you talking about relaxer??? It's ok to say RELAXER on this board. How many weeks post are you? There are many threads about stretching, start by checking out the stickies...I am 16 weeks post right now and I flat iron once a week and rollerset 1-2 times per week, others airdry, etc. Welcome to the board :)

KPH

House Head
I have that goofy hair cut where it is higher in the mid back and longer towards the face so I'm just wrapping it basically but it has been like this for as long as I can remember. Whenever it was truly touch-up time, my head seems to feel tender or would it be the new growth making it sore? [hunching shoulder and rubbing tender spots]:help:

KPH

House Head
Are you talking about relaxer??? It's ok to say RELAXER on this board. How many weeks post are you? There are many threads about stretching, start by checking out the stickies...I am 16 weeks post right now and I flat iron once a week and rollerset 1-2 times per week, others airdry, etc. Welcome to the board :)

Yes, relaxer. and I think i'm in week 20 or or 22

janeemat

Are you referring to creamy crack (relaxer)? How many weeks post are you? I have heard some ladies say their scalp gets sore when they get a lot of ng. If this is your first stretch, I would take it nice and slow. Meaning adding one week at a time oppose to taking the plunge. This is a process and you're really learning and feeling your hair out when you begin stretching. Deep cond with heat are very important while you are stretching along with keeping the ng moisturized. Protein is also a necessity to avoid breakage. If you are not having any severe breakage or shedding, I would keep stretching. This is usually the road to going completely natural. I'm sure some other ladies can chime in on this.

KPH

House Head
Thanks. I have been looking/lurking and the diffrent pictures of everybody's hair and I don't know if i want to go totally natural now, I was just doing it so that I can have thicker hair but from what I have learned from all of you, proper care will thicken it up. THANKS LADIES. I may have to slap on the white crack and keep it moving.