Stretching Problems

diamondlady

Okay, I have been progressively stretching my relaxers for longer periods of time. I haven't had a relaxer since March. The problem is that my head is so sore I can barely stand it. Now I'm afraid to relaxer because my head is so sore. I never comb my hair I just finger comb. The only time my hair feels good is after shampoo or condition wash yet the soreness is still present.

Any body got any suggestions??

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Man, that sucks! What's causing your scalp to be sore? I'm thinking maybe you're going through a growth spurt. If that's the case, it's a good thing! But it still sucks, cause your head hurts....

The only advice I can give is to take an Excedrin. Maybe that'll dull the pain a bit :sad:

diamondlady

Tiffers,
Thanks for responsing. I was hoping someone on the board may have had some experience and they maybe could help me out. I have had periodic soreness before but this really something new. I never remember having this when I was natural.

I guess if it is a growth spurt - that's a good thing,.

myronnie

Okay, I have been progressively stretching my relaxers for longer periods of time. I haven't had a relaxer since March. The problem is that my head is so sore I can barely stand it. Now I'm afraid to relaxer because my head is so sore. I never comb my hair I just finger comb. The only time my hair feels good is after shampoo or condition wash yet the soreness is still present.

Any body got any suggestions??
my head is sore also..and it always feels better after shampooing :sad:
what helps me is massaging castor oil on my scalp EVERY day. don't skip a day at all.

PureSilver

Girl i can't even begin to tell you how much my 6mth 3wks post hair is making my head tender and sore. I finally summed up the courage to wash today, i also henn'd and conditioned today. After all that i had the nerve to cornrow my hair which i just finished. I can tell you my scalp feels like i threw peppermint oil on it.

I too am afraid of getting a relaxer because i trust NOONE in my hair, i am even afraid to wash and comb it myself sometimes. I don't know if i will ever stretch this lo:nono:ng again but right now the feeling of my scalp being so tender isn't nice.

I really don't know what t tell you to ease the pain cuz i too am in the same boat, so until a light bulb hits me i just have to bear tenderness.:wallbash: