Stretching with Co-washes

luvmesumhair

Hi ladies. I have a question:

I was wondering...for those of you who stretch your relaxers and use co-washing to help (and I know a lot of you co-wash daily like every other day), how are you MAINTAINING your hair? Meaning...I am quite sure you are not rollersetting every other day, or blowdrying even. Do you just go to bed with your hair somewhat wet/damp? How do you wear your hair?

pear

This is so ironic but I was just about to post this same thread.

My question is for those relaxed 4Bs (or other thick, coarse-haired ladies) who stretch.

I would like to stretch (usually give in and relax at 5 weeks) but as I mentioned in a few other posts, my hair gets VERY dry and sheds pretty bad after around week 4 and the only cure has been to relax.

I want to try co-washing as a way of putting moisture back in my hair but when I am several weeks post-relaxer I tend to lose a lot of hair detangling wet.

My questions:

Is co-washing worth it for someone like me who loses the most hair when combing wet?

When co-washing should I wet my entire head and put conditioner throughout or should I just focus on wetting and conditioning the lower parts of my hair? (I ask because detangling my new growth is a BEAST)

Thanks to anyone who can help a sista out! :drowning:

luvmesumhair

This is so ironic but I was just about to post this same thread.

My question is for those relaxed 4Bs (or other thick, coarse-haired ladies) who stretch.

I would like to stretch (usually give in and relax at 5 weeks) but as I mentioned in a few other posts, my hair gets VERY dry and sheds pretty bad after around week 4 and the only cure has been to relax.

I want to try co-washing as a way of putting moisture back in my hair but when I am several weeks post-relaxer I tend to lose a lot of hair detangling wet.

My questions:

Is co-washing worth it for someone like me who loses the most hair when combing wet?

When co-washing should I wet my entire head and put conditioner throughout or should I just focus on wetting and conditioning the lower parts of my hair? (I ask because detangling my new growth is a BEAST)

Thanks to anyone who can help a sista out! :drowning:

U sound like you have the same problem as me!!!!!

I tried co-washing in the past and thought it did nothing for my hair and plus I would always feel like my hair was not getting cleaned. That was until I read an article from Macharie re cowashes. Now I am thinking about it again. Especially when my hair starts acting crazy because of stretching!

pear

U sound like you have the same problem as me!!!!!

I tried co-washing in the past and thought it did nothing for my hair and plus I would always feel like my hair was not getting cleaned. That was until I read an article from Macharie re cowashes. Now I am thinking about it again. Especially when my hair starts acting crazy because of stretching!

Hopefully others will post to this thread because I need help before I have nothing left to be helped :nono:.

I will take a look at Macherie's article. Hopefully we will both be able to figure out this co-washing thing!

Divake22

I just started co-washing daily with Kenra conditioner. I had my hair relaxed a week ago after a 12 week stretch. My hair is really loving the co-washing. After I co-wash with Kenra, I put in Lacio Lacio leave-in, then UBH moisturizer on the ends and seal w/Hot 6 oil. I do not blow dry or rollerset. I simply put my hair in a bun while wet. My hair will stay wet all day/night unless I loosen my bun and airdry it out. I never sported a wet bun before my recent 3 day road trip, but I like it. My hair feels cool, clean and conditioned. Tomorrow I will clarify w/Kercacare's 1st Lather (had awesome results last time I did it--hair was bouncy/shiny), Kenra shampoo/conditioner and Keracare Humecto for a deep condition w/towel turban/plastic cap.

itismehmmkay

I cowash nightly, add NTM, rollerset, airdry overnight, combout in the morning and style.

I recently started doing this to ensure that I can workout and still look cute :look: No excuses on either end!