Stuf People say to natural girls & Behind their backs

Geminigirl

Her hair is usually stretched.

Even then, with all that hair I would hardly expect it to stand straight up on her head. Hell, I'm only barely APL and my hair would rather hang than stand.

It's not her hair type that matters, but what kinds of strands she has. i.e., a 4a with fine strands vs a 4a with coarse, wiry strands.
Yea but IDC how long type 4 hair gets it's not going to hang wavy down your back with out a blow out or being stretched. I thought her hair was her natural texture like I said I don't watch her.

Last edited:

Geminigirl

Geminigirl

She wears braid-outs and twist-outs all the time she almost never does any wash n go's because she ha no curl definition but she also has very little shrinkage. I'd say she's 4b/c from this video.

here's her hair texture video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTJB...xt=C3689bd5UDOEgsToPDskLiU4i2zcKNCen8on7NHxB9

twist out how she gets the waves and curls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFMkR6MZgOY&feature=relmfu

oh i remember the huge debate on this. IDC what her hair type is really at least not enough to debate about it.

BEAUTYU2U

Yea but IDC how long type 4 hair gets it's not going to hang wavy down your back with out a blow out or being stretched. I thought her hair was her natural texture like I said I don't watch her.

I don't know about all of that ....

Besides, why does it matter what her hair type is? Geez. So now it's not relaxed v. natural, but what type of natural you are?

Geminigirl

I don't know about all of that ....

Besides, why does it matter what her hair type is? Geez. So now it's not relaxed v. natural, but what type of natural you are?
Umm it doesn't matter to me lol. And I am not going to debate this lol. I could really care less. Uh BUH BYE.

AmyRose92

Just to add my two cents to the whole thing, hair typing only covers the size of the curl pattern. It doesn't take into account texture, strand thickness, strand density, porosity, volume, etc. Hair, especially black hair, is A LOT more diverse than people realize. Typing systems really don't do much in terms of predicting how hair is going to act. We can't see a couple of type 4s on the hair boards and in real life and think that's how all type 4 hair acts like.

But back to the video, I was so shocked! I didn't know HC was so funny!

Chameleonchick

Well I thought it was funny and I have heard some of these comments before. Also I do think she is a 4 something. She just has a lot of hair so it (curls) just hangs down heavy.

Sent from my A100 using A100

prettypithy

Not to start WWIII but when people start acting like she's a type 3 it sounds like pure sour grapes. What about her hair looks like a type 3? It isn't silky, it isn't in spiral curls...Hair typing is a mess because people project their own insecurities onto the endeavor half the time.

abcd09

Nah she's definitely not a 4bc lol.

I think hair typing is important because a lot of people try different things that just don't work for their hair type and wonder why it isn't progressing like others. I did that for awhile and I'm glad I realize that now. You can still admire the hair, but if you waste your time trying to copy a regimen for a different hair type, you're causing yourself a lot of unnecessary heartache. I think her hair is beautiful, yet she says in her profile that the reason why black women can't grow long hair is because of relaxers. I don't think that's true for all of us. I was natural for 12 years and my hair never reached past SL stretched because my hair is fine and fragile by nature. That has more to do with length (because it means resiliency) than chemicals and curl pattern.

Kurlee

Not to start WWIII but when people start acting like she's a type 3 it sounds like pure sour grapes. What about her hair looks like a type 3? It isn't silky, it isn't in spiral curls...Hair typing is a mess because people project their own insecurities onto the endeavor half the time.
ur hair doesn't have to be silky to be type three. Curl tightness REGARDLESS of texture determines curl type. There are silky type 4's and type 3's with hair that isn't.

Iluvsmuhgrass

"Madame CJ Walker invented the pressing comb so we wouldn't have to walk around looking like field hands." :lachen: I straight ROLLED on this one. She's funny!!

thaidreams

Nah she's definitely not a 4bc lol.

I think hair typing is important because a lot of people try different things that just don't work for their hair type and wonder why it isn't progressing like others. I did that for awhile and I'm glad I realize that now. You can still admire the hair, but if you waste your time trying to copy a regimen for a different hair type, you're causing yourself a lot of unnecessary heartache. I think her hair is beautiful, yet she says in her profile that the reason why black women can't grow long hair is because of relaxers. I don't think that's true for all of us. I was natural for 12 years and my hair never reached past SL stretched because my hair is fine and fragile by nature. That has more to do with length (because it means resiliency) than chemicals and curl pattern.

I thought the video was cute.

I'm going to have to go back and checkout her profile though. I'm surprised :blush: she'd say that relaxed women can't grow their hair long since she was a long hair'd natural before her BC.

Last edited:

ellegantelle

I spent the first half of the video drooling over her bun. Who would've ever thought she was funny too!?

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

SimJam

cant watch the video at work but from some of the refernces from the video posted ... Ive had ppl say similar things to me ... "I cant go natural because my hair is tough" "my hair isnt like yours it doesnt grow and its tough"

umm I have 4b hair ... its just in good health thats why it looks "nice" to you

NikkiGirl

I don't get the debate....but I definitely think this was funny! I have watched her in the past and I generally like her videos.

Raspberry

Just to add my two cents to the whole thing, hair typing only covers the size of the curl pattern. It doesn't take into account texture, strand thickness, strand density, porosity, volume, etc. Hair, especially black hair, is A LOT more diverse than people realize. Typing systems really don't do much in terms of predicting how hair is going to act. We can't see a couple of type 4s on the hair boards and in real life and think that's how all type 4 hair acts like.

ur hair doesn't have to be silky to be type three. Curl tightness REGARDLESS of texture determines curl type. There are silky type 4's and type 3's with hair that isn't.

This makes sense and clears up confusion I've had about my own hair type :yep:. When I was natural my hair seemed to match the technical definition of a 4a but then I would look at pics of photos of other 4a ladies and think my hair doesn't look like/do this or that :perplexed

trendsetta25

love me some haircrush....well even more now that i saw her funny side...

*cough* I'm a relaxed head till i die :spinning: *cough*