Styles for Beach Vacation

BlackDiamond21

Hi everyone! I plan on going to a beach vacation soon and will be spending almost every day in sea water and getting my hair wet (I'm like a fish to water).:drunk:

Currenlty I am considering crochet braids or a cornrow/weave mix. Do you what type of synthetic or real hair goes well with water in those two types of hairstyles?

&

What hairstyles do you recommend or have used that helped maintain your hair health while on a beach vacation?

Looking forward to your answers! :)

BD

BlackDiamond21 said:
Hi everyone! I plan on going to a beach vacation soon and will be spending almost every day in sea water and getting my hair wet (I'm like a fish to water).:drunk:

Currenlty I am considering crochet braids or a cornrow/weave mix. Do you what type of synthetic or real hair goes well with water in those two types of hairstyles?

&

What hairstyles do you recommend or have used that helped maintain your hair health while on a beach vacation?

Looking forward to your answers! :) BD

hey girl. well i live in hawaii so beaches are like a second home for me. when i first got here-that's when i went to the beach-i had a spanish wavy weave. i got the hair from a hair warehouse in brooklyn called Lugo's-ill look up the website for you-the hair can be used for braiding or they can bond it for you so you can weave it. this type of hair is great for water bc it waves up when wet and it stays that way when it dries--the best thing is that you can rollerset and flat iron it to get a straight look-i love this hair.

I would say Micro braids (the wet &wavy or deep wave hair) or cornrows (with the ends sealed) are the only way to go if you are going to be in the water a lot. They're easy to rinse and carefree for the most part! If you choose micros get them done a few weeks before-hand to allow them to 'set' - if you get them wet too soon they may unravel.

I love braids, in any style or form. They're perfect for the beach! The type of hair would vary according to the braids.... Ive used synthetic and human, and both do well in the water.

Thanks for the responses ladies! :cool:

I wanted to clairfy that if I get the cornrow braids with crotcheted in hair or cornrows w/ weave, the hair attached won't be braided.

I am not big on micro-braids (thanks for the suggestion amr501) or individual braids because my hair type is not strong enough and doesn't do well braided that way. :eek: I thought of cornrows only but I don't like how I look in just cornrows. :perplexed

So for the hair that will be attached, I wanted to know which is better, synthetic or human for water emergence and ease of up-keep? :confused:

Any more suggestions out there for a style??? :)

I would definitely say go for the braids...I had a wet and wavy weave that I too bought from a hair warehouse...got it wet in the water and it was a HOT MESS! It's something about the beach water...because this happened to me not once but twice...I would advise against weaves period for the beach and definitely go for the braids!

Back