Sudanese Coconut Oil

iris601

I was going to try the baggy method this evening and my scalp is pretty dry and itchy. So I've been reading the posts where everyone is combining many natural oils together. We've been selling a lot of Sudanese Coconut oil lately....like more than usual. So I was thinking maybe I have more natural oils to use than I thought I did. I already have Jojoba oil and Ylang Ylang. But I was thinking possibly this is why we can't keep it in stock.

HoneyDew

Coconut is very popular on the board. I don't particularly care for it, but SO MANY ladies use it. I am sure that is why you are selling so much. LHCF members have HUGE consumer power. I have gone to stores to get a product that is popular on the board and it will be GONE as soon as it is stocked.

Edited to add:

Your coconut oil does not seem like one that members use for their hair. Is is pure oil without any additives? Yours looks like fragrance oil.

Last edited:

iris601

That's a good question. Usually we're a fragrance company for body oils and those making candles and soaps. We put our natural type oils in the Unisex category because it's different than the usual. I'm assuming that some of our customers have found this coconut and buying it like crazy for some reason. We have not asked what they use it for. But it definitely doesn't act like a fragrance oil, it has a dark and rich color and smells very pure. I guess some of our customers tried it and it worked. That's why I was wondering if anyone else had any experience with Sudanese Coconut oil.

iris601

Bump, Bump, Bump......

What other oils is everyone using for their scalp? I tried searching Hair recipes and saw Lavendar oil pop up and many other EOs. We've been selling a lot of Lavendar. But EOs was our slowest seller so we removed the category.