Sunsilk products...

beana

Yesterday i went to CVS to catch their "promotion"... ladies they have a $1 off coupon and are advertising that you get $2 off your next CVS purchase BUT you dont get the $2 discount immediately, it doesn't get applied until 2 days after your purchase... very crafty wording IMO...but anyway...

I purchased the Anti-Frizz 24/7 creme and the Hydra TLC deep conditoner in the jar. the hydra tlc looks like the equivalent to the ceramidas (seda/sedal) product and i'm hoping the creme works like anti-sponge. I'm plan on using them my next wash BUT i'm 12 weeks post and cannot afford to use a conditioner without slip at this point. Has anyone used the hydra tlc masque? what results did you get from it (slip, shine, strength, etc)? I plan on using the 24/7 creme as a leave in my next wash, but i dont want to risk it with the conditioner with this much new growth.

I used the hydra tlc masque, but I was only 1 week post. I, am concerned about it working later on, just like you.

Honestly, it does not seem to have what it take to handle all of my kinks, but I will test that later.

But, this is one of the conditioners that need nicely clarified hair. At least for me, it did. It was not as good the 2nd time around. My hair felt coated. But, the 3rd time after I used Kenra Clarifying, it was great!

HoneyDew said:
I used the hydra tlc masque, but I was only 1 week post. I, am concerned about it working later on, just like you.

Honestly, it does not seem to have what it take to handle all of my kinks, but I will test that later.

But, this is one of the conditioners that need nicely clarified hair. At least for me, it did. It was not as good the 2nd time around. My hair felt coated. But, the 3rd time after I used Kenra Clarifying, it was great!

thanks for the review honeydew! i'm just going to put off using the tlc for now, I'll give it a try somewhere between 2-4 weeks post relaxer when my hair tolerates most things well.

I generally dont have great success with any dominican products outside of salerm 21 and lacio lacio, i guess only the leave ins work for me. I'm going to play it safe and use my trusty ORS replenishing pak and try the anti frizz cream tonight.

I tried the Hydra TLC Mask, and it wasn't great for slip. However, when I used the anti-frizz shampoo and conditioner, both were great for detangling (I'm about 4 months post at this point...

I'll use the hydra-tlc when/if I relax again. It seems great for the ends, just not as creamy as I expected.

I just got a touch up on Monday. Due to the humidity and sweating, I decided to wash my hair today. I went out and purchased the Sunsilk Hydra TLC mask, shampoo and conditioner this morning. I just finished my rollerset and have taken the rollers out. My hair is nice and bouncy! I have pics that my 8 year old son just took but they are too dark. I'll try and retake to see if I can get them to show better and then I'll post them. I'm not sure how this product will work after a few weeks, but it's not bad for 4 days post relaxer and $2.99 each bottle. :lol:

What I did:
Pre-pooed with mask on dry hair (Used macherie's method of hot towel and plastic cap)
Shampooed with the hydra tlc shampoo
Deep conditioned with conditioner (Used macherie's method of hot towel and plastic cap)
Sprayed on Nioxin Bliss (Great for detangling)
2 Pumps of Keracare Wrap Foam Lotion
Rollerset with orange rollers
Airdryed for about 30 minutes
Sat under the dryer for about another 30 minutes

ETA: Sorry, I don't know what's wrong with my camera. I think I need new batteries, but the pictures are still too dark to really see any detail.

Last edited:
I used the Hydra TLC Masque & it was just "okay" for me. Not much slip at all. Left my hair feeling a tad stronger, but not very moisturized. I will mix it w/Silicon Mix on my next wash and see if that helps give it a little something extra. On it's own, I give it a 4 out of 10.

Awww, I purchased the masque today (before reading this :( ) Oh well, I guess it will become a pre-poo masque.

Supergirl said:
Awww, I purchased the masque today (before reading this :( ) Oh well, I guess it will become a pre-poo masque.

I used it as a prepoo and loved it! I'm going to try it out as a deep conditioner after i get a touch up..I'm almost 12 weeks post and lost maybe 15 hairs from start to finish

I just purchased one of the Sunsilk conditioners today from WalMart. I can't wait to try it on my hair.

Yes, the hydra tlc co has hair keratin amino acids in it... I really like this as a prepoo because it helped smooth my hair without weighing it down.

I had a very pleasant wash experience today and the sunsilk products helped everything go smoothly. I use to de frizz as a leave in prior to rollersetting and itgave my hair a healthy weight, my hair looked so lush. As far as detangling, both salerm and lacio have it beat, but it does decent job and i didn't find myself tugging at my hair. That's a BIG positive coming from someone who is 12 weeks post and due for a touch up. I didn't get a blinding shine instead i got a healthy sheen which was fine by me. Also it gave my curls a slight hold leaving my hair bouncy, swinging and full. Overall i definitely feel the de-frizz creme has a place in my long term regimen. i give it an 8.5 of 10 because i'm impressed by anything that works this late in the game.

Last edited:
Back