Super Grow Out Challenge begins 1/1/05

Aerie17

I'm in...my hair is about the same as it is in the avatar, just picture it without any curl. I just had a touchup and trim today, 10 weeks post-relaxer, so lost about 3/4"-1" of growth, making my avatar picture pretty accurate. I think my longest hair is about 11"-12" long, possibly longer, (I can't get that measuring thing down). I am hoping that with little to no trims I'll have an additional 6" in a year.

aqualung

Progress report:

I went to the salon for a wash, deep condition, and rollerset yesterday. I should've done it sooner, as my hair was shedding and my scalp was upset from overprocessing in December.

Otherwise I've combed it a couple of times this month and worn it in a bun or loose. I'm tired of it hanging down lately, so buns r us.

I bought some MNT, but haven't tried it yet. I want to try DDTA too. Maybe a little Dr. Miracle's oil for the temples?

Chakira

I just got the weave out and I am checking in at 7 1/2-8". I'm hoping to gain 4 inches overall this year. I'm not sure of my exact regimen, but it will be something like this:

Braids for 6-8 weeks, spraying with braid spray daily, suging 2x a day. Shampoo with elasta qp once a week

When not braided, wash once/week with elasta qp, condition with kenra's mc, and deep condition with ntm daily deep conditioner or lekhairs cholesterol. I haven't found a real good leave in yet, but I'm using ntm for now.

Surging twice daily
S-curl or braid spray
Mango or shea butter for moisture on ends
NO heat until May for graduation!

WaterChylde

Living and loving life

My starting length. I took these today after flat ironing. My hair always seems to look different after I take pictures. :lachen:

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Thanks everyone for posting all of your regimens and starting points. I am in the process of going through this thread and reading about each and every one of your beautiful heads of hair.

Everyone who has requested to be on the challenge, I will add you to the list.

Please ladies keep those starting points coming. This is so exciting!!

Last edited:

TsAngel

Please forgive me but count me in. Let's see if I can maintain all of this pregnancy growth now that the little one is here. I'll post regimen later bc while I was pregnant I didn't do much of anything to it. It grew alot but it is quite dry.

Tracy

I'm joining late...but then I never did really go off my challenge... :grin:

I don't have a current pic, but when I have one I'll post one in my album. I'm somewhere near brastrap though I wouldn't quite call it "close" just yet...maybe 2 or 3 inches away?

I'm doing a cross between the Shamboosie, Cahty Howse, and the Wanakee regime, like I always do. I've gotten unintentionally good results from wearing my hair curly almost all the time (so no heat and no real "styling") and I'll most likely continue that, weather permitting (since it means I have to go out with a wet head...). If I don't wear it curly, I wear it up the majority of the time. I'll only wear it straight occasionally - once every other week or so.

As for products, this year will mean that I'll need to heed some of the lessons I learned in '04. I'll keep my coloring exploits to a minimum, and try to nail down exactly what causes my scalp to go haywire every now and then....which probably means finding a new staple shampoo (my Lanza ran out and it's been downhill ever since). I'll continue to rotate protein and moisture, sticking for the most part with products from DR. I just places a nice sized order from Sickbay of the Capilo Honey Almond and Proteinol conditioners, as well as the famous pink rinse and two leave ins from Sedal (the ceramide and the straightening). I bought them because you get a nice amount for the cost and I use quite a bit of leave in wearing my hair curly....

I'll also continue the reduction of heat and manipulation to my regime (by wearing it curly) and generally not mess with it as much. I thought my hair was in terrible shape after weeks and weeks of airdrying, but it seems to have had the opposite effect - without much deep conditioning, slaon care, or attention my hair seems to be close to the length it was when I cut it last - in September of '04. For me that's decent growth in that amount of time.

I hope to gain another 6 inches this year. I don't usually get that much (more like 4 or so) but I'm hoping that being over my color fetish will help as well as not needing as many trims this year (hopefully) for the same reason - less color.

I may get highlights later on in the year. I'm stll thinking about it. But I think I want to see how much length I can retain first. It's a pretty nice color now anyway.....

I won't commit to vitamins or a "schedule" because I just won't stick to it. I'll just do the best I can with the time, money and energy I have. :)

I'll post as pic as soon as I have one...

:)

Last edited:

carameldiva

count me in too. i don't know my exact length because i just trimmed on monday. Front- tip of nose, sides- just 1 inch below the ear, rear-touching the back of the neck. i'd also like to join the baggie challenge. Thanks. What exactly are the rules for the super grow out challenge.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Hi Ladies! :wave:

The list of participants is so long I have to break it into two posts!! That great though. That means a lot of ladies will be swinging it this time next year!!

I have split the list into A-L and M-Z.

Please if you have joined and your name is not on the list let me know. I will be adding names as request come in.

The list are in the next 2 threads.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach

A-L

19sweetie
Aalize
Alee
AllAboutTheHair
Alli77
Alliyah4eva203
Allmine
Angel54