Super Grow Out Challenge begins 1/1/05

Mariaat40

Here's my rather large before pic. Headed for blunt cut brastrap length. Once I reach brastrap length (probably at my next touchup in March) I'll keep my length the same and gradually cut out the layers.

genesis

Hey everyone, just checking in. I plan to take pics this weekend and post my starting length to document my progress. I will be washing my hair every three days, and deep conditioning weekly. I will also do scalp massages before every wash. I plan to do the baggie technique until the challenge ends. Good Luck everyone!!

aqualung

My scalp is itchy and shedding lately. Tonight I'm going to condition with mild protein (GPB and MNT). Now that I'm done showing off for the holidays, I'll bun up more consistently this month.

Sapphire

kinks n curls girl
Right now my current length is about shoulder length. I will shampoo and deep condition once a week (Sunday) and do a conditioner wash mid-week. I plan on starting an excersing routine (hopefully I'll be able to stick to it - pray for me :look: ) so I'll probably be doing more conditioning washes throughout the week. After each wash I will be use Surge on my scalp and WGO on the ends. My styles will be buns and braidouts. I will use absolutely NO HEAT except to flat iron for update pics. I will get a touch up every 12 weeks with a trim if needed. I will also start taking vitamins consistently - Multi, Biotin, and B-Complex. I will post pics of my current length after my next touch up and trim. Happy Growing Ladies!!!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
iCandey said:
Hi -

Pls add me to the challenge. I am currently at shoulder length. I love that measurement shirt :)
Thanks! You can go the exchange board by clicking on the link below if you are interested in having one for yourself!

Glad to have you!! HHG

MissMarie23

I'd like to join the challenge (if it's not too late -- that's what I get for going away for a month, lol).

I'm starting at a bit past shoulder length, and I'm aiming for brastrap by the end of the year.

I'm going heat free (3 months so far!) and extending my relaxers. I'll post a picture (or update my album) when I get back to my dorm room (and my digital camera).

:)

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Poetess232 said:
I'd like to join the challenge (if it's not too late -- that's what I get for going away for a month, lol).

I'm starting at a bit past shoulder length, and I'm aiming for brastrap by the end of the year.

I'm going heat free (3 months so far!) and extending my relaxers. I'll post a picture (or update my album) when I get back to my dorm room (and my digital camera).

:)
Glad to have you back and glad to have you join the challenge!! It's not too late!

I will add you to the list.:)

Angel54

Natural
Hey Ladies,

Here are my starting photos. I am still tweeking my regime, but I have listed some of my products below. I hope to have a regime in place by February.

Pre-Poo Treatments:
Evoo-Rosemary mixture

Shampoos:
Creme of Nature
Pantene Hydrating Curls
Nexxus Botanoil

Conditioners:
V05 Strawberries and Creme
Nexxus Humectress
Nexxus Ensure

Deep Conditioners:
Queen Helene Cholesterol

Moisturizer:
Optimum Oil Therapy
*still looking for a good moisturizer

Serums:
Elucence Silk Hydrating Elixir
Elasta Breakage Control Serum

Attachments

• back2_050101.JPG
    back2_050101.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 8

brownsugarbabe

Count me in!!!
I'm new to the board and what a way to start off.

I need a digital camera but once I do I'll post pics of the back of my head. Till then I only have head shots to judge the length.

L

LaNecia

I'm in too!

Hi, DSD, I'm back and ready to grow some healthy hair!!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
brownsugarbabe said:
Count me in!!!
I'm new to the board and what a way to start off.

I need a digital camera but once I do I'll post pics of the back of my head. Till then I only have head shots to judge the length.
Welcome! :wave:

Glad to have you!! HHG

LadyChe

I'm 3.5 inches from brastrap - but I was a bad girl this weekend in Miami... I used heat constantly, and I can already tell the difference...

I'm back on the bandwagon now!

Sweetest_Honey

Yes indeed!!
I want to join! I want to join! I just saw a great wig on my cousin (we are going wig shopping this weekend) and my aunt just offered to braid my hair for me if I ever wanted it done! And now a grow out challenge so I can put those things to use?? Seems like Karma to me! I think my hair length is about 8-9 inches in the back, 11 inches on the sides and top. (These are estimates. Where is a ruler when you need one!) I'll post pictures soon!

PoeticJustice

Hi, I'm new and I would like to join. This is the motivation I needed. Please add me to the list. My current length is a little past chin length. I am do not have pics yet, but I will post when I have them.

missenm

I would like to join the Super Growout Challenge. I know it seems like I am 7 days late but I have been quietly sitting back and reading the various posts. Now I just can't resist.
DSD please add me to your list!!!!

My starting length is Chin Length
Relaxed; Last relaxer 10/01/2004
Goal: HEALTHY Bra Strap Length by 7/2005

Sorry, but I do not have any pictures right now. But I will post ASAP.

Lindy

DSD, you're gonna have your work cut out for you with this challenge!! ;) It seems like just about every member of the forum is doing this one!! :grin: