Supplement junkie - finally hits!

NubianQueen

Hello ladies,

I thoroughly enjoy this board and finally have some input, so I thought I would share. Now, I try not to buy too many products (though I do have LOTS of everything), I must say I jump on any and every bandwagon that is geared to faster growth. For some reason I believe that I actually had a supplement years ago that worked, only I can't for the life of me remember what it was /images/graemlins/crazy.gif! I had some 'issues' back then with the biggest control freak I have ever dated and so I wasn't thinking too clearly at the time. Anyway, I had braids and EVERYONE noticed how they were further down my back in like a month. Why I didn't buy stock in whatever it was I just don't know, I vaguely remember thinking it was probably just slippage. Now, I have been doing my own braids off and on for years and I have never had my entire head slip in uniform, so it had to be supplements. So far, absolutely no luck in reduplicating that find. This leads me to believe my body is missing something to make my hair grow faster, I just cannot figure out what it is.

Anyway, I couldn't resist the Natrol Vegetal Silica and Twin Lab Amino Fuel posts, so I ordered. I don't know if it's the combination or which one it is, but in short order my nails have grown like mad and are so pretty that a close friend asked me if I had a french manicure! There is absolutely nothing on my nails! They used to crack and break all of the time. I must admit that I did stop (after 10 years) getting my nails done a year ago, because I think saving up and getting my house was a little more important than keeping my nails 'did.' So that was the cause of most of the damage, but they were not getting any better with all of the multis and what not I have been taking.

Okay, this is getting long, in a nutshell, nothing that I try has worked or made a difference until this product. I guess I have some strange sort of chemistry because I hear raves about MSM, no matter how much I take, my bones still crack when I bend and I am faithful to that stuff in my daily protein shakes. Biotin, I was up to 16,000 mcg a day and nothing! I take all of my vitamin supplements seriously and have a date with VitaminWorld every month when they have their sale. Everyone in the store knows me. I buy all of the essential oils, am doing the rosemary/sage rinse. I conditioner was every day because I am in braids, am very gentle, and do the plastic bag at night so I can keep moist at all times.

I suspect it's the silica because I don't measure the fuel (way too messy, but maybe I should just start anyway) and I doubt that I use three tablespoons a day because it has lasted too long for that. My eyebrows aren't glistening and I don't know if there is a difference in my hair because it's all braided up until September. But my nails are fabo and surprisingly enough, I am tickled about that and have no problem taking it even if it only benefits my nails!

Happy Hair Growing to us all!!

NubianQueen

pebbles

Hi Nuubianqueen,

I'm really glad you found something that's helping you grow your hair since the vitamins didn't seem to be having any affect. As for me, I really can't complain because the vitamins are working for me. As to being involved with a control freak, I can relate. Glad that's over!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

LondonDiva

NubianQueen, Congrats on finally finding something that works for you.

When you were taking the 16mg of Biotin what brand were you taking? What form was it in i.e. Capsules/Tablet? and How long were you taking that doseage for?

keylargo

how much silica are you taking a day? i'm thinking of trying it. i haven't found what works for me just yet although my nails look great. i know that my nails have gotten so long because of the extra b-complex that i take. i don't see that much of a difference in my hair.

NubianQueen

Hi Pebbles,

Gosh, I am envious of you, I WISH all of this pill popping paid off for me! I am hoping that not only do my nails benefit from the Natrol and or Amino Fuel but my hair starts growing faster too!

The wonderful Miss LondonDiva,

I was probably taking the Thorne Research capsules for about six months at that dose. I ordered a ton of that stuff and now I only take one capsule, 8mg per day. I haven't noticed any difference whatsoever. I am looking at my nails now, they aren't all the same length because my job breaks them every once in a while, but most are a good length and instead of feeling I need to go to the shop to get them done, I am fine with them natural! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

BTW - did you get that program to work?! Does that cd even help? If it makes no difference then I don't want you to waste time trying to copy it for me!

Keylargo,

I am taking 64 mg of silica, which is two capsules per day. My b-complex does nothing drastic for me, I have been taking it for almost a year and haven't noticed a thing. I am glad it is working for you!

Happy Hair Growing to us all!!

NubianQueen