surge and relaxers

kitten73

I have streched my relaxer for 1o weeks now (first time ever so I am a rookie)and it is time. I would let it go longer but I have a few upcoming events and I need my hair to be right. Not to mention, the weather is finally changing here in New York. I have been taking really good care of my hair and I have even been using Surge off and on. Well, this weekend I plan on washing my hair and starting Surge one last time. I will wear it in a wet bun all next week and them get a touch up on Friday. My question for you all is, do you think my hair will be okay getting a touch-up right after a week of putting Surge in my hair? If you have had any bad reactions after perming immedialty after "Surging", please let me know. If anyone has any tips for me before I touch-up my hair they will be greatly appreciated.

I plan to relax post-surge, so thanks all who confirmed that it's okay. Evanne, I think relaxing after surging is fine, but surging within the first two weeks after relaxing can cause stinging and burning. Hopefully, if that's wrong, someone will say so
smile.gif

thank you ladies! I did wash and surge last night and again this morning. my hair is in a bun right now and a little damp. I saturated my hair with mango butter after putting in the surge in case i get the touch up this week. I want to try to go one more week (that will make 11 weeks stretching my relaxer). I think i can handle not having a touch up one more week. I am trying to hang in there ladies.

I surged the fist week after getting a relaxer and I did not have any burning or stinging. I had awful itching, but that was it. My roots are also pretty thick and it has only been a little over three weeks since the relaxer!
shocked.gif

Yes it would be perfectly fine...I dont see why there would be a problem unless u have had problems with Surge. If you never had any problems with Surge (just like not having problems with any other products) then it would be AY-OKAY!
wink.gif

well, it is a protein, so i would stop using it at least a week prior to, and at least 10 days to start surging post relaxer.

Back