Surge Challenge Update Week 4

I have been using Surge since November 11. I only spray the scalp once a day, at night, and follow it with some sort of oil.

I can actually see thicker strands. My hair is much stronger too. I relaxed about three weeks ago, but it feels like I'm at 5--its growing a little faster.

I think this is a good product to have on hand during those "slow growing months" some of us ladies experience every year. I also would like to use Surge on the days after I relax just to strengthen the roots a bit. And I think Surge is beneficial for those whose hair grows slower in some areas. I will continue to have a bottle on hand. I give it about a 3.5 out of 5. (I still think I need a little more time with this product, maybe another month. I also want to experiment with it by adding dissolved MSM and/or rosemary.) perfect peace

LondonDiva

[ QUOTE ]
joyous said:
I'm currently on my 4th bottle and I have never used it twice a day and still got good growth. In the beginning I only used it every other day and the results were still good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Joyous

You seemed to be a longer term user of Surge than many on here. What sort of growth rate have you have since you started usuing the product?

Where were you (in terms of hair length when you started)? And where are you now?

Also, are you relaxed or natural?

Thanks

joyous

LondonDiva, I'm natural and touching the top of brastrap. I was about 5 inches from brastrap when I started and have cut off 2 inches total (for thickness) since I started using Surge. I don't know how many inches I've gained totally since it's hard to measure when your natural because of shrinkage. I can tell you one thing I really like is that my hair line increased significantly and my sides which never seemed to grow past a certain length took off, that's what initially made me take notice. If my calculations are correct I would say that my growth has averaged about 1.75 iches per month since using but I have always gotten at least 1.25 inches per month even without Surge. I hope that answers everything and that the info was helpful.

lunalight7

I have been using Surge since the 19th of November and since then, Ive noticed a ton of thick new growth. Now, at 8.5 weeks post relaxer, I feel that I wont be able to wait 10 weeks....I measured 2 inches of new growth on some hairs and less on others....I usually get about half of that from relaxer to relaxer...my edges are my pet peeve right now...I see some fuzz, but I wont know for sure until I touchup that area in another 8 to 10 weeks....

licutiexx

[ QUOTE ]
Nubianrose said:
Where has everyone bought their Surge, and where can i find this in Maryland?

[/ QUOTE ]
You can find it at walgreens or www.walgrens.com and some asian beauty supply stores carry it.
Well I think I will continue to use it until my next relaxer maybe in april since I'm gonna be wearing braids then determine how much my hair has grown and decide whether I will continue to use it.

G

If you use Surge on your scalp you don't have to use anything else like hair oils (the good kind) right?

LABETT

Natori24
When my hair feels dry I have been using the SURGE Woojee
cream on my scalp after spraying Surge.
I also like the lotion motion #9 Oil.

LABETT

YES I have a lot of newgrowth especially the sides and back.
I noticed new growth coming in faster since using the Woojee cream after spraying with surge.
I was using the Woojee cream every other day but slacked off
because I dont want to relax right now.

i have been using it for three weeks i think and i can see my edges filling in , also i mix all three together in an applicator bottle the 14 n 1 the woojee creamand the oil 9

Netta1

I have been using the surge since the 25th of November so it has been 10 days. I don't have any results to post yet...but I'am waiting and hoping!

ElizaBlue

I bought my first bottle November 11. Today I am exactly 5 weeks old for my relaxer. I have noticed my edges are really puffy, as they had thinned out some after my last braid job. I pulled a few strands today and soaked them in water to try to measure the new growth. This was not easy as my hair which is 4b and very very coarse looks the same all over. Imagine a thick piece of black thread, but shiny, that would be my hair. But anyway, IMO I have about two inches of new growth which amounts to approx. .40 inches a week or 1.6 inches per month. I am going to keep using it because I think it takes about 3 months to see if something is making a difference.

sillygurl18

Can someone tll me exactly how they used it. Did they use it on dry hair or when it was wet? I don't want to wet my hair everyday, but if that's how I will get results I guess thats what I will have to do. Oh and another thing, do you think I could use surge on my hairline to get it thicker and just spray it on my hairline everday.?
Thanks

sillygurl18

Can someone tll me exactly how they used it. Did they use it on dry hair or when it was wet? I don't want to wet my hair everyday, but if that's how I will get results I guess thats what I will have to do. Oh and another thing, do you think I could use surge on my hairline to get it thicker and just spray it on my hairline everday?

Thanks

katie

sillygurl,I use it on wet and dry hair.I have also been spraying it on my hairline so I don't think it is a bad idea to tr y that.Just make sure it doesnt get on your face.