Surgeing for a newbie

morehairplease

How exactly do I surge correctly? For how long and how often before and after relaxers? Also,when applying the product do you rub it in or just spray in onto the scalp and then follow with a moisturizer for the scalp? What products would you rec for moisture to follow the surge with? Would a grease work? How many times a day should I surge? Any and all tips/advice are greatly appreciated
smile.gif
!!!! TIA

Warmest regards,
Tishee

I've just started using Surge this past week, so I can't tell you about how long before and after relaxers you should wait before using. I follow the directions on the Surge bottle. I don't wash everyday, but I do moisturize afterwards. I use ORS Olive Oil Sheen Spray directly on my scalp to moisturize (it doesn't irritate my scalp so I dont feel the need to over-do it). I spray it on my scalp, then wrap my hair and spray it over the wrap (on my actual hair). I'd use the grease as long as it didn't have petrolatum in it.

*If you know how, I'd suggest wrapping your hair because that helps to keep my hair from looking like a forest with all this new growth coming in my head.

I started using Surge Hair Revitalizer Plus 14 on May 1st...3 days after getting a relaxer. I usually part my hair in sections and spray my scalp. I do this in the morning and at night, especially to my hair in the back and nape area because those are the areas I want to grow! I dont have the other products for Surge. For moisturizer, I just use my mixture of oils on my ends, I sometimes use my glossing polish if my hair is looking frizzy, and I sometimes use my Motions hair lotion. I havent had any problems at all!

Back