Survey For the Texturized Sistas

Is you texturized hair easier to moisturize and less prone to breakage

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am texturized mostly. The last two inches of my hair are bone straight. I did a corrective on my ends a month ago and went crazy smoothing and managed to over process the tips. It is amazing how healthy and beautiful the texturized part of my hair is. It’s easier to keep it moisturized and it less prone to breakage. Plus when I use just QP mango butter on my hair and let it air dry the wavy texture gets a lot of compliments. Has anyone else noticed a difference in dryness and/or breakage?

Radianthealth

I dunno if it is too soon to tell, but I like the texture of my texlaxed hair. It seems to hold moisture better but I have to be gentle at the demarcation point.:) I chose more moisture but not less breakage

sareca

My hair was completely natural when I texturized and I have a lot less breakage and dryness than before, but I don't think that has anything to do with texturizing. I think it's just because I've learned how to keep my hair moisturized and on my head. :)

OneInAMillion

I definitely have a lot less breakage than when I was relaxed straight. My hair is fine, so straight hair has no body and is limp, lifeless and damaged for me. I have to admit, it's more of a challenge to keep dryness under control now. But, when I was relaxed straight, I used heat on my entire head weekly and I I didn't care about moisture. Now I realize how important it is and I use less heat, so keeping my hair moisturized was going to be a problem anyway.

Take Home: Texturized = less breakage for me :grin:

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
My relaxed hair was in good condition, but I had more breakage than my natural hair, but my texturized hair has less breakage than my natural hair. I credit this to care, rather than chemicals though. Dryness has improved since my relaxed days due to daily rinsing and thick moisturizers, that would have made my hair revert before.

Guyaneek

I will also say there is less dryness and breakage but I would say it is due to my newly found knowledge of haircare.

tryingto

I will say a lot less dryness and breakage, when I was relaxed bone straight stretching a relaxer left me with shedding hair, after I removed a lot of my overprocessed ends, I can comb my hair wet or dry and not have a comb full of hair, where as before just touching my hair seemed to bring about breakage, it is much stronger now, and I am so very glad, I found this forum and all the wonderful ladies so willing to share their ups and downs, it's priceless,

The Girl

I voted less breakage bc I think its just as dry as before (IMO). Even though I lose hair through regular shedding I am retaining better length.

sareca said:
My hair was completely natural when I texturized and I have a lot less breakage and dryness than before, but I don't think that has anything to do with texturizing. I think it's just because I've learned how to keep my hair moisturized and on my head. :)

Okay you just blew my theory away. I really never took that into account for this survey. doggonit.........hum......next time I may have to consult with you before I post something.

sareca

EbonyHairedPrincess said:
Okay you just blew my theory away. I really never took that into account for this survey. doggonit.........hum......next time I may have to consult with you before I post something.

Sorry. :wink2: My natural hair was a mess and a half. If I squeezed it and it would crumble in my hands. I got a texturizer about the same time I found LHCF. My hair just kept getting better. At this point I've had natural hair, relaxed hair and texturized hair and this is the best hair I've ever had.

Last edited: