Sweating your Hair Out

Luxurious12

Ok, I need some help. I work out about 4-5 days a week, and I am transitioning so you can just imagine the hot mess my hair ends up looking. Any ideas on how to manage hair when you workout and how to deal with the different textures?

BizzyB131

I have the same issue so what I normally do is wear it natural in a curly pony tail. I cowash on the days I work out, and I wear a headband or a scarf to keep it from getting all frizzie. Being a natural with 3C hair there is no way I could keep it in a flat ironed straght style while sweating :nono:

KLomax

I have the same issue so what I normally do is wear it natural in a curly pony tail. I cowash on the days I work out, and I wear a headband or a scarf to keep it from getting all frizzie. Being a natural with 3C hair there is no way I could keep it in a flat ironed straght style while sweating :nono:
Co-signing on the curly ponytail
I lay my edges down w/castor oil and IC gel.In this pic I moisturized e'ry night w/NTM Silk Touch Leave-in and seal w/ castor oil or EVOO. I also use a banana clip so my hair is not pulled tight.

Miss_Luna

I'm also transitioning. I'm currently at 8 months. Right now I have braids, but prior to getting them, at 6 months post, I worked out 6 days/wk and it was pretty tough. My hair is just at shoulder length so my relaxed ponytail would be fine, but those edges boy:sad:.
I finally went to H&M and bought one of those $2 headbands, in black. I started to wear it when I worked out. It kept the sweat from my face and it tames the beast for the duration of the workout. It's one of the stretchy cotton headbands that I'm sure you can get from anywhere. HTH!