Sweetcocoa and other naturals who rollerset....

skegeesmb

I am having such problems rollersetting my hair. When I wash my hair is 7 inches at it's longest, and 3 inches at it's shortest (under the longer hair)this is unstraightened. I usually get the first section done, but after that, I get tired and my hair starts to dry by then. When I had a relaxer, it was a lot easier to rollerset, and I've given up and have basically just relied on my hairdresser to rollerset for me.

Ok, here's a little about my hair:

The top of my hair has little curl and is more kinky wavy and can be pulled almost straight.

The sides and back of my hair are extremely curly in corkscrews, and this part is the hardest for me to get on the rollers.

I use the magnetic red and maroon rollers I'm not sure if they are an inch or 3/4 an inch in size(they are light purple and I think cream colored also if I use a different label and are the exact same size as the red and maroon rollers).

I cannot find the lottabody creme wrap lotion at Sally's. How would the black and sassy do?

Is there any hope for me to learn how to do good rollersets with 3b,c. 4a hair? I really do not want to depend on my hairdressor for the rest of my life.

bump, this is a good question, and one of these years whenever I start to style my hair again, it would helpful to know.

/images/graemlins/rosebud.gif

Hi skegeesmb,

I have found that with my natural hair the magnetic rollers were aweful but the wire ones with the pins really worked great and gives enough pull at the roots to where it get's straight.

I did another rollerset, and the snap tops work well for me, my hair just wouldn't stay taught since it's not relaxed anymore. The snap tops kept my hair in place.

I'm having successs by using the snap-ons then taking a pin and on an angle push it through the top of the roller as close to my roots as possible, through the back of the roller next to your scap. For the tougher ones I clip the top to the roller with a silver clip and then pin it. Once I'm done I tie a triangular hair net over my rollers to help keep them tight. That way they don't come loose while you are putting on the bonnet(if you use a soft one). It also keeps them tight when you are airdrying.

ah hah, ok I have to get another hairnet. The snap rollers kept my hair a lot tighter than the non-snap tops. Since I know I do a decent rollerset on my natural hair, I gonna do this more regularly.

Roller setting is really good for the winter. I consider it a protective style because it's a set, meaning you don't have to manipulate it. I find that my hair likes the roller set better than the press.

You're right brighteyes. It's cold here (Alabama) and since I've been getting rollersets at the hairdresser I've had less headaches. I was wearing my hair with the brastrap headband, but I was getting headcolds. So the rollersets are good at this time of year. I'm just glad I can do them myself now.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
It's cold here (Alabama) and since I've been getting rollersets at the hairdresser I've had less headaches.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try moving to the Midwest...it was 8 degrees below zero a couple of days ago /images/graemlins/swearing.gif

Back