Swimming-Clarifying or Neutralising Shampoo???

lonei

Hi ladies, I plan to go swimming next week with my sister and my baby niece. I am going to wet my hair before I swim, put conditioner in and cover it with a shower and a swimming cap. I plan to use motions moisturising shampoo and conditioner and go into the steam room. My main question is what is the differnece between a neutralising and clarifying shampoo and which is best for swimming? How many times do you have to wash with this shampoo before you add a moisturising one? Can anyone recommend any shampoos that are universally available?

patience

I think the clarifying shampoo strips everything out including oils, build up etc...where as the neutralizing shampoo does just that, neutralize. I'm not sure how it would work with chlorine though.

A lady that swims with me uses Ion Swimmer's Shampoo and Conditioner sold at Sally's. I use diluted Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Castille soap with added olive oil and vitamin E after I swim. I normally rinse my hair thoroughly, wash with the clarifying shampoo once and then I would wash with Creme of Nature shampoo (when I used regular shampoo) and then I would use a good conditioner. It seemed to work well when I was relaxed. Now that I'm natural, I just use the Dr. Bronner's and then do a good conditioner wash.

I wish you the best. Have a blast swimming!

rowandaP

I would'nt wet and put cond on first, unless you've done it before and it worked for you.

I use a low PH shampoo, Keracare or Givonni and just a reg cond.

patience

[ QUOTE ]
rowandaP said:
I would'nt wet and put cond on first, unless you've done it before and it worked for you.

I use a low PH shampoo, Keracare or Givonni and just a reg cond.

[/ QUOTE ]

Saturating the hair before swimming with water and conditioner helps to block cholrine from depositing into the hair. When I didn't do this, my hair felt like crappola afterwards...

lonei

Thanks ladies, rowandP the reason why I want to wet and put conditioner in first is because I have read on other posts that this protects the hair and stops it from taking in as much chlorine water as it would if it was dry.

lonei

Does anyone know of any good clarifying/neutralising shampoos that are available in london?