What To Do When Swimming???

dcprdiva

Hey! I'm going swimming and would like to know your reccommendations to protect the hair... Should I put a leave-in on my dry hair and then put on the swim cap? Should I wash my hair with my normal shampoos/conditioner when I'm finished swimming? Thanks!

PrettyBrownEyes

I'd suggest using a Leave-in conditioner on your hair before swimming as you mentioned.

Also, after your swim you should use a shampoo like Nexxus Aloe Rid (it's a clarifying shampoo and it's good for removing chlorine, etc.), you can follow that up with your favorite moisturizing shampoo and perhaps a Protein Reconstructor followed by a moisturizing conditioner.

I know it sounds like a lot. Maybe you will get more input from some of the other members.

Hope that Helps!

DigitalRain

You can try Ultra Swim Plus shampoo along with your regular shampoos. You can find this at drugstores and sometimes the grocery store. It designed to remove harmful chlorine and minerals from the hair.

Miosy

Are you swimming in a pool? If so you need to protect your hair from the chlorine. If you can wear a cap, if not put in a leave in and a good moisturizing lotion to coat the hair. If your going outdoors, jojoba oil is a good suncreen oil to soak your hair in. Afterwards, put your hair in a pony tail with your ends tucked away. Without a doubt use a clarifying shampoo to get rid of the chlorine or salt if your swimming at a beach. Sally's sells a swimmers shampoo by Ion that I heard is good and follow by a good intense moisturizing conditioner.

Good Luck