Switching beauticians - need advice

Crysdon

I have a friend who wants to try a new stylist in the shop that she goes to. She had the current stylist style her hair a total of three times. Now my friend wants to try another stylist who works on the other side of the floor from her current stylist. Her main reason for trying a new stylist is because the current stylist just doesn't style her hair as nice as the other stylist.

My friend has already called the "new" stylist and talked things over with her.

Question: What should my friend say when she calls the current stylist?

TIA

webby

Think Slim
I don't say anything, because they aren't doing it for free; it's not a "gift" to you.
I went through that at the old salon I used to go to and even now at the salon that I go to for dustings.

I know that stylists are funny, but the bottom line is I'm paying for it and if I'm not getting what I want, why continue to pay?

swirl

IG: rhonda_hair
Crysdon said:
I have a friend who wants to try a new stylist in the shop that she goes to. She had the current stylist style her hair a total of three times. Now my friend wants to try another stylist who works on the other side of the floor from her current stylist. Her main reason for trying a new stylist is because the current stylist just doesn't style her hair as nice as the other stylist.

My friend has already called the "new" stylist and talked things over with her.

Question: What should my friend say when she calls the current stylist?

TIA

why does she even need to call the current stylist?

CookieLAD

webby said:
I don't say anything, because they aren't doing it for free; it's not a "gift" to you.....I know that stylists are funny, but the bottom line is I'm paying for it and if I'm not getting what I want, why continue to pay?

I think my girl Webby has said it all!

Crysdon

Thanks for the replies. I will forward them all to her.

She asked me if I had ever been in this situation and I told her that I did but I didn't say anything to the former beautician, I just started making appointments with the new one.

I guess she feels telling the current beautician is the proper thing to do.

kitchen_tician

I would just call and tell the current stylist: That I'm still in the process of "trying out" stylists and that I wanted to try this girl, and that I thought it was only proper to inform you. I would also add, that she didn't do anything wrong, I just wanted to try someone else. The end.