Switching from Phyto II to Phyto I...

angenoir

I plan to switch from Phyto II to Phyto I. I have fine, soft hair and I realized after my last two touch-ups with Phyto II that my hair was just coming out too bone straight and too flat. I initially used Phyto II because I had been under-processed with my previous relaxers and I had gotten to thinking my hair is resistant. :perplexed

So anyway, I just wanted to know from any of the ladies who switched from Phyto II to Phyto I if it made a very big difference e.g. is it a lot gentler on the hair and are there any other points I should take into consideration? I also know timing is important.

I really want to give Phyto a chance because I like this relaxer but the flat bone-straight really disappointed me last time.

I really do not want to be bone-straight, I want some texture and body.
NB: I am currently on a long long stretch because I think last time I was slightly over-processed.

Nina_deF

I did.
I have fine, thin hair and started out with index 2.
It was alright but the bone straight was too straight for me.
Easy to take care of, it dryed straight and was easy to flatiron.

But I missed being able to wear my hair curly so I had a 7 mo (!) stretch (actually I was transitioning and broke down at 7 mo) and switched to index 1.

I LOVED it!

It was still very easy to flatiron and I could wear it curly (well, about 2b/c) if I wanted to.
No breakage, my hair always looked silky and flowing. It grew, my hairdresser was in awe, it was healthy, shiney, I combed once a week, styled and did the shake 'n go everymorning when removing my sleeping cap....

Ok.... now, WHY am I transitioning again?????
Hmmmmm.

Flatironed (ignore first pic):

Wash 'n go (I'm on the left):

angenoir

Thanks for your response... you and your hair are beautiful. I am also on a 6-7 month stretch (by Dec) and I hope Phyto I works for me.