Thin 4a/4b: Phyto I or Phyto II (w/conditioner)

delp

I have looked at many pictures and read many threads but I really wanted to clear the air about phyto index vs. hair type.

I recently saw picture of someone hair w/phyto I wet : It was coily not wavy (like a product enriched twistout). Meaning she still looked natural but at a different hair type level maybe 3c.

To get wavy or straight, Is smoothing the answer or index?

What's the difference between Phyto I and Phyto II w/conditioner?

For thin to medium hair, Is phyto I or II better?

How long do you leave it on and smooth?

Nina_deF

I normally use index2 but have been using index1 three times now.
The application and smoothing time is exactly the same but my hair is less straight with index1 than 2.
My hairdresser applies the relaxer and washes it out after 5 minutes (with index2 that makes it bone-straight).
I have thin, yet many, strands with almost no curlpattern.
My hair feels thicker and, for me, harder to manage due to the lack of curls, but it is a lot less frizzy than normal.
I've now ordered index2 again because I am sooo lazy and love to wash and go.
I've never added conditioner to my Phyto and I honestly don't think that it's needed because this relaxer is superiour to all others.

CAPlush

Nina_deF said:
I normally use index2 but have been using index1 three times now.
The application and smoothing time is exactly the same but my hair is less straight with index1 than 2.
My hairdresser applies the relaxer and washes it out after 5 minutes (with index2 that makes it bone-straight).
I have thin, yet many, strands with almost no curlpattern.
My hair feels thicker and, for me, harder to manage due to the lack of curls, but it is a lot less frizzy than normal.
I've now ordered index2 again because I am sooo lazy and love to wash and go.
I've never added conditioner to my Phyto and I honestly don't think that it's needed because this relaxer is superiour to all others.

Do you mean that the 5 minutes starts when she begins application, or does it start after she has finished applying leaving the whole process from start to finish more than 5 minutes? I hope my question is clear.

Nina_deF

CAPlush said:
Do you mean that the 5 minutes starts when she begins application, or does it start after she has finished applying leaving the whole process from start to finish more than 5 minutes? I hope my question is clear.
After she's finished I sit for about 5 minutes, if that.
My hair is so thin I don't want to leave it in for the specified 20 (I think it is) minutes.
Sometimes she's slow applying it (I have humongo-sized head), so then we rinse right away.
She's good and knows my head.
I have 4b at some places and 2b at others so I don't need it to sit an equal amount on my whole head.