Taking out my braids....What styles can I do before relaxing in 2-3 weeks?

FtrDrO

So I'm taking out my braids now after 6 weeks. I'm currently 9 weeks post with about 2 inches of new growth. My last relaxer was underprocessed and considering this and all of this NG, my NG is pretty soft. I attribute this to the regimen I had during braids.
But now, since I'm just coming out of braids I want to wait for about 2-3 weeks before relaxing. I'm detangling as I go along and plan on using the coconut prepoo on the hair recipe exchange forum to do a final detangle before washing with CON green, and Deep conditioning with ORS replenishing. My question is after all of this, what should I do to my hair? What styles do you ladies do in the in between time with all the NG? TIA!!

I usually have my natural hair corn-rowed and wear either a fall or wig for the duration of the relaxer stretch which provides extremely low manipulation. During the last 3 days however, I put my hair back in one big plait and wear it like that under my wig. I don't like my scalp to be agitated at all during this time.

This is a gr8 time to cowash everyday and bun everyday. I swear those 3 weeks can give your hair some crazy strength and length.

I won't wash daily. Daily washing for me would cause unnecessary manipulation and breakage at the line of demarcation.

I would:
1) get a cornrow braided style for the duration,
2) wear wigs,
3) wash, deep condition, and bun with phony ponies.

A day or two before the relaxer, I would clarify and do a hardcore protein treatment. I just relaxed a couple of weeks ago after a 6 month stretch.

Thanks for the tips you guys! If I'm understanding, its best to do something that requires very little manipulation and to keep the hair moisturized. So I will try this.

Back