Tea Rinses/what Is Your Thought?

NatrulyMe

Hey,
I went grocery shopping earlier today to buy Aloe Vera Juice for my high porosity hair (to make my daily moisturizer spritz). Searching, I ran across "TEViVE" Peppermint & Chamomile tea packages. Just wondering, what are your thoughts on tea rinses? How did your hair feel after the rinse? I bought both boxes along with coconut water. Meanwhile, I couldn't find 100% aloe vera juice, but I brought two fresh leaves.

Any thoughts and or suggestions are appreciated.

Last edited:

NatrulyMe

I am making a coconut water & Aloe Vera Spritz as my daily moisturizer to help stop my hair from shedding and stimulates hair growth. Also, I will be including a peppermint and chamomile tea rinse after shampooing and conditioning my hair.

Coconut Water/Aloe Vera Moisturizer Recipe:

1/4 cup of Coconut Water

2 tsp Aloe Vera Juice

2 tsp Avocado oil

**Use Daily as a spritz to spray on hair, scalp and style as normal.

I will be making enough to last me for at least three or four days. It will also be kept in the refrigerator.

Peppermint & Chamomile Tea Rinse
:

Brew two cups of one peppermint and one chamomile tea bags in a bowl or pitcher of hot water. Then, place a led over the bowl or pitcher and let hot tea cool. After shampooing, slowly rinse your hair with the tea (you can even use a spray bottle, if you prefer). Slather conditioner over top of tea liquid on your hair. Place plastic cap on head. Rinse after 20-60 mins.

Last edited:

NatrulyMe

I read some place online from researching that a tea rinse makes your hair hard. Therefore, I planned to slather conditioner on top of my hair after I shampoo or clarify then, rinse. Thanks for your response. :goodpost:

Last edited:

NatrulyMe

Do you mean regular tea (black, green oolong), herbal, or both? Some herbal teas are conditioning - catnip, rosemary, guava, marshmallow, for example.

Any. Hm, I may try the marshmallow and rosemary tea one day. What are your thoughts on those you named?

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Any. Hm, I may try the marshmallow and rosemary tea one day. What are your thoughts on those you named?
Right now, guava leaf is my favorite one for conditioning; I use it as a final rinse. Rooibos is supposed to be great for growth. I have mixed these two together for a nice conditioning rinse. I have yet to use them consistently to see if I can get a growth spurt.

Marshmallow root feels OK, but it tends to flake on me as a final rinse. I intend to use it in my clay washes. Rosemary and catnip are too weak to be conditioning enough for me, but I have used them in place of plain water to dampen my hair. With herbal teas, finding the right ratio of water, herb, and steeping time is important. Too strong tends to be astringent (stripping or drying), too weak, useless.

Any of the regular teas and coffee reduce shedding when used weekly. Do not overuse these because caffeine can stunt growth. I apply these either before or after I water wash my hair. You can use them under conditioner or to rinse out conditioner.

NatrulyMe

Right now, guava leaf is my favorite one for conditioning; I use it as a final rinse. Rooibos is supposed to be great for growth. I have mixed these two together for a nice conditioning rinse. I have yet to use them consistently to see if I can get a growth spurt.

Marshmallow root feels OK, but it tends to flake on me as a final rinse. I intend to use it in my clay washes. Rosemary and catnip are too weak to be conditioning enough for me, but I have used them in place of plain water to dampen my hair. With herbal teas, finding the right ratio of water, herb, and steeping time is important. Too strong tends to be astringent (stripping or drying), too weak, useless.

Any of the regular teas and coffee reduce shedding when used weekly. Do not overuse these because caffeine can stunt growth. I apply these either before or after I water wash my hair. You can use them under conditioner or to rinse out conditioner.

I may try tea rinses every two weeks after shampooing.

:thankyou: ladies for your responses. It is greatly appreciated. :urock:

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
I've loved tea rinses for many years. I preferred making an herbal spritz to plain water. Probably 10+ years I've used a hibiscus (or red leaf/herb based tea) spritz to enhance the auburn color I get from henna.
Recently, I've used fenugreek teas with wonderful results.

sarumoki

Epicurean Empress
I've loved tea rinses for many years. I preferred making an herbal spritz to plain water. Probably 10+ years I've used a hibiscus (or red leaf/herb based tea) spritz to enhance the auburn color I get from henna.
Recently, I've used fenugreek teas with wonderful results.
Does the tea smell as strongly as the oil? That's why I stopped using fenugreek, I couldn't stand the smell but my hair loved it.

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
I use a tea spritz as a curl refresher. I use fenugreek, rosemary, henna, amla, brahmi, and aloe vera juice. My hair gets a dose of light protein and moisture. So far, I've had less shedding throughout the week and during wash day.