*tears*

Amber_moon

I have to cut my hair.... I went to a stylist today for a consultation. She told me that my ends were so bad, she needed to cut off about 3 inches of hair!

Im so sad.

My ends ARE bad. They aren't split, but they are broken off and look bad. I think it started when i visited the Dominican Salon here. She did a good job of getting my hair straight, but she ripped through it, and tore a lot of it out there are about 2-3 inches of uneven thin ends on my hair, and I am so sad.

I want healthy hair, but I want to keep my (newly achieved) BSL hair too.

Also, Ive got about an inch to an inch and a half of new hair up there that is so pretty. Im not putting anymore chemical in it. But I know that if i want to keep my long lengths, Ill have to keep relaxing. If I want to stop relaxing, Ill have to cut it ALL off and start over again.

I dont know what to do.:nono:

locabouthair

I am going through the same thing. I have to cut off about 5 inches because the dominican slaon I went to overlapped a lot. My ends are very thin now. Do you have to cut it all off at once. can you do it gradually? This is what I plan to do.

sareca

I had to cut mine too. All the damaged parts had fallen off and it was really scraggly looking. It had to go. It'll grow back <see siggy>

hopeful

Why don't you do it gradually like locabouthair said? If I were you, I'd cut an inch every month or so. Achieve even, healthy bsl, then worry about going natural or not, take it one step at a time.

RZILYNT

I have to cut my hair.... I went to a stylist today for a consultation. She told me that my ends were so bad, she needed to cut off about 3 inches of hair!

Im so sad.

My ends ARE bad. They aren't split, but they are broken off and look bad. I think it started when i visited the Dominican Salon here. She did a good job of getting my hair straight, but she ripped through it, and tore a lot of it out there are about 2-3 inches of uneven thin ends on my hair, and I am so sad.

Also, Ive got about an inch to an inch and a half of new hair up there that is so pretty. Im not putting anymore chemical in it. But I know that if i want to keep my long lengths, Ill have to keep relaxing. If I want to stop relaxing, Ill have to cut it ALL off and start over again.

Don't fret....you have many options.
You can get trims a little at a time, no need to cut it all if you do not want to. I would also limiting your heat and keep a good simple regimen that works for you and to keep your hair moisturized especially the ends.

If you want to discontinue your chemical, then search the transitioners threads here and get helpful tips on growing out your relaxed hair. But what ever you do, do not decide in haste. There is a lot of experience here as you go through your thought process of what to do next. That way you make an informed decision and you will be satisfied with what ever you decide to do.

hhgs

RZ~

girlyprincess23

don't cry!! like they said why don't you do like an inch every month or something? and keep sealing them or something so they don't look so bad and split more? Also you don't have to bc to transition. you can stop putting chemicals and wear some weaves or braids or something. and when you want to wear it straight to show off the length just do a carmel treatment and make it straight ( i saw some really good results with that, im gonna try it during my relaxer stretch till june).

Amber_moon

Thanks guys. I think Ill try the gradual thing. I dont think I can take going from where I am now... to short abruptly.

czyfaith77

Im so sad.

I know it is hard now but just trim the three inches now and gradually transition. A great example would be Lauren. She has long hair and it gradually transition. She is not losing and major length and itis gradual. She is also a good example of how to deal with two different textures. there are many others but hers was the first to come to mind. She has such beautiful hair. I hope that you feel better. I know that it can be disappointing but you'll be surprise how fast three inches will grow back. You have two things going in your favor: transitioning and a good trim. Just take very good care of the remainder. It will be back in no time.

Amber_moon

I know it is hard now but just trim the three inches now and gradually transition. A great example would be Lauren. She has long hair and it gradually transition. She is not losing and major length and itis gradual. She is also a good example of how to deal with two different textures. there are many others but hers was the first to come to mind. She has such beautiful hair. I hope that you feel better. I know that it can be disappointing but you'll be surprise how fast three inches will grow back. You have two things going in your favor: transitioning and a good trim. Just take very good care of the remainder. It will be back in no time.

Do you have photos of the girl you are talking about? Id love to see her hair if I could.

OneShinyface

Don't feel so bad. I just cut 5 inches off my own hair, which had been waist length. I didn't like how the ends looked and they seemed almost damaged from my trip to Jamaica a few months back.

I was down about it for a while...well...maybe I'm still down about it.:grin:

But I remind myself that my hair is always growing and that it will grow back. I will be more diligent about moisturizing and protecting my ends.

Your hair will grow back!

audacity.

Amber, I just had to stop in to give you a great big HUG!!!:bighug:

I am so sorry to hear about your beautiful hair!!! I agree with the others, don't shock yourself and make hasty decisions in the heat of the moment. Cut it gradually, and once you get those ends in check, think about transitioning. Don't do too much at once, would be my advice.

Good luck, hun!!! And hang in there!!!!​

Amber_moon

You guys are so sweet! Thanks you so much! *hugs*

To denver girl: Thanks for the hug, I needed it. And I think the gradual thing is the best way.

Sunshinelady: Yeah you are right, it will look better after its cut.

Missfadu: Thanks! I wish I could get my hair to do that again! It only worked ONCE.

Thank you guys SO SO SO much. Im going to do the gradual thing. Im going to also try and do fluffier styles (like braid outs and Bantu knots out and the like) so that I can feel like Ive got more hair up there than I do.

Thanks so much!