Tension Method on Twists

Bublin

I set my hair in my usual large twists for my twist-out but needed them to dry by the morning so i used a blowdryer on them. I held onto the ends and stretched the twists and directed the dryer up and down it.

They are now 80% dry for me to go to bed and i have alot more hang than i normally would.

I looking forward to seeing how stretched out my hair is in the morning.

Has anyone else done this and did you like the results?

Krystle~Hime
Thanks for the video and i like it but i am more focusing on getting the hair dry in the first place and avoiding the shrinkage in the first place. Personally i wouldn't have the time to blow-out my hair the next morning but i do have time in the evening whilst it's wet. I also want to avoid going to bed with wet hair.

I was thinking about doing this myself. I'm still DCing right now and I know my twists won't be dry by the morning. I just decided to leave them in for a couple of days to rock a really defined twist out.

Post some pix, please :)

I do the blowdrying when my hair is about 80% dry before installing the twists. I have tried putting twists in while wet and then stretching them a la Naptural85. That works well too. I haven't had much success with blowdrying the roots of the twists myself.

i've never done this before, but it sounds like it would turn out really nice. don't forget to come back and post pics :yep:

Drat.

I would have had stretched out twists but last night i put satin pillow curlers on the ends in such a dumb way that my hair curled up on itself. My twists were 50% longer than they would have been before i went to bed but i messed up the overall stretched result.

I am however very pleased at the condition and look of my hair - very pleased :yep:. This is a keeper for me.

I will post a pic anyway when i get home from work.

This sounds awesome. I recently started blow drying my hair before twisting and my hair is responding better. I know this is not what you mean, but heat just works on my hair for the better.

I'm not going to post pics tonight as there is little point seeing how i rolled my hair wrong. My hair looks like my usual airdried twist out.
However, 1) my hair feels a bit smoother and 2) i have re-twisted for bed and there is more hang than there usually would be at this time for me.

The next time i wash my hair i will take pics.

Perhaps if anyone tries this they can show comparison pics of first day twist-outs - one airdried and one with the tension method.

I've never done this before but I rarely use the blow dryer.

I often wrap my twists/braids if I want to get more stretch.

I've never done this before but I rarely use the blow dryer.

I often wrap my twists/braids if I want to get more stretch.

Wildchild453 - can you further explain how you wrap? My aim is to get them drier quicker and stretched out instead of waiting for 3rd day stretched out hair. I'm not sure wrapping would speed up the drying process.

Oh I do my twists on damp hair so I never really worry about it being dry in the morning but I simply wrap my twists, putting in a few pins as I go along, as if my hair was straight. You want to pull them to their full length and pin.

Oh I do my twists on damp hair so I never really worry about it being dry in the morning but I simply wrap my twists, putting in a few pins as I go along, as if my hair was straight. You want to pull them to their full length and pin.

Ah i misunderstood. Yes, i get that stretching them out with wrapping them around your head would stretch them out but yes, they would still be wet in the morning which is not what i want most of the time.

Back