Texlax gone wrong! I now want to go straight

dany06

I texlaxed only the front of my hair about 5 to 6 months ago. Well today I tried to do a touch up in the front and finally texlax the rest of the hair on my head. The first texlax came out perfectly; however the retouch did not. I left it on the same amount of time and used the same type of relaxer. I tried not to smooth the hair but I guess I accidently did because the retouch is straight yet looks fluffy and the natural parts that I did are wavy looking rather than loose curly. All in all my hair doesn't look good. I want to now go bone straight. I've been sick of having natural hair and I don't feel like working out the kinks with texlaxed hair. My question to you guys is when should I do a corrective to go bone straight? I was using silk elements in mild but the container I'm using now does not yeild the same results. My hair feels much dryer than it did the first time. Also how long should I keep the relaxer on for the corrective and should I stick with the mild until I do my next retouch?

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
I dont really know how to answer your questions. Sounds like you did alot to your hair. I just came in to send out an e-hug. Maybe others will chime in soon.

sheba1

Oh no, Dany! Well, the best way for you to go bone straight without weakening your strands any further, IMO, is to BKT. You BKT'd before right? Well, when you BKT texlaxed strands, they go bone straight; all of them. So even the wavy ones up front should go just as straight as the hair that's straighter in the back. And from there, you shouldn't have to do it again til your next touch up.

Good luck to you and keep us posted :bighug: